Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace: I Should Have Had 15-20 more TDs

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    remember all the fans that wanted us to pay wallace?
    Wallace would have continued his success in Pittsburgh, it's the difference between Ben and Tannehill.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wanted Wallace to stay. For a reasonable contract.

NOBODY wanted Wallace for anywhere near what the Dolphins gave him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I wanted Wallace to stay. For a reasonable contract.

NOBODY wanted Wallace for anywhere near what the Dolphins gave him.
    Ehh... there were a couple of fans on here saying he should get a blank check. Youare correct though, most wanted him at a reasonable price but IMO he rejected that for obvious reasons.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ehh... there were a couple of fans on here saying he should get a blank check. Youare correct though, most wanted him at a reasonable price but IMO he rejected that for obvious reasons.

there were also a lot of fans that said our offense would stink without wallace and brown wouldnt be effective without wallace taking the top off coverage
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

there were also a lot of fans that said our offense would stink without wallace and brown wouldnt be effective without wallace taking the top off coverage
    On the money. The "taking the top off coverage" was the biggest thing we heard, but what many failed the see is that the league figured out Wallace for what he was an adjusted even his last season here. They wouldn't let him take the top off the coverage and he lacked the skills to do much more than be the "One trick pony" he always was.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 03-03-2014 at 09:01 AM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    On the money. The "taking the top off coverage" was the biggest thing we heard, but what many failed the see is that the league figured out Wallace for what he was an adjusted even his last season here. They would let him take the top off the coverage and he lacked the skills to do much more than be the "One trick pony" he always was.

yup. i also remember making the statement that our offense would be better in 2013 than it was in 2012 without wallace
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

yup. i also remember making the statement that our offense would be better in 2013 than it was in 2012 without wallace
    I did too because it took away Ben's greatest temptation of throwing an ill advised, low percentage deep pass and passing on higher percentage short to medium range passes.

Legend

User Info Menu

I did too because it took away Ben's greatest temptation of throwing an ill advised, low percentage deep pass and passing on higher percentage short to medium range passes.
    Ben still threw that pass, seemingly once per game, to Sanders, who never had any separation and who failed to convert all but maybe one attempt.

I was one of those who wanted Wallace to stay for a reasonable contract or, alternatively, for the Steelers to get value for him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chain mover vs deep ball...

I appreciated Wallace's one trick because it was a good trick but it was all he had in his arsenal. Biggest problem with Wallace is if the ball wasn't perfect the chance of him catching it was .02%

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Ben still threw that pass, seemingly once per game, to Sanders, who never had any separation and who failed to convert all but maybe one attempt.

I was one of those who wanted Wallace to stay for a reasonable contract or, alternatively, for the Steelers to get value for him.
    I'll take the 3rd Round Comp Pick for him versus paying him a ridiculous amount of money.