Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Steelers will have first losing season since 2003

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    19-0 baby. It's the only record that makes sense to me.
    Despite all the gnashing of teeth about 'PM' shredding us, Flippy is on the record for 19-0.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Despite all the gnashing of teeth about 'PM' shredding us, Flippy is on the record for 19-0.
    Just cause Peyton looks like he's back, doesn't mean we can't score more points, right?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Just cause Peyton looks like he's back, doesn't mean we can't score more points, right?
    Steelers win 56-55, scoring a TD with 1 second left on the clock so LeBeau's defense can't cough up another 4th quarter lead...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

The Steelers will not have a losing season as long as Ben Roethlisberger plays at least half the season.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Backup

User Info Menu

Why post something as F-ing STUPID as this, is beyond me???

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Anything is possible, I suppose. If healthy, I think this team can compete for a Lombardi. However, we don't know how injuries (to Ben or anyone else) will break down during the year. Pessimistically speaking, we could lose Harrison, Troy, Woodley and Keisel on D and be pretty thin. We could have the musical chairs issues on the OL and lose Ben as well as have the RB issues we've had. That would make it pretty hard to have a winning team if others can stay healthy and consistent.

On the other hand, things could shake out nicely for the team as well and they could have another #1 Defense and and explosive new high-powered Offense that gets them to #7. Either way, I expect and exciting season ahead.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sounds like consensus is we're bringing home #7 this year.

Let's go fellars!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler View Post
    Why post something as F-ing STUPID as this, is beyond me???

JD
    Beyond me too....why it made 3 pages is beyond me!!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Beyond me too....why it made 3 pages is beyond me!!!
    It's 3 pages because everyone's disagreeing with BigRob. I personally welcome the difference in opinion.

There are a lot of changes and injuries this team is dealing with, so I can see it as a reasonable position to take. We do have 6 tough divisional games and about 4 other tough games in Denver, NYG, Philly, and Dallas. We've also got Oakland on the West Coast and San Diego in December when they are typically hot and right after Balt/Clev/Balt which is a stretch where we'll likely come away a little beat up.

At the same time, if we're mediocre, we can probably win half those games + the rest, so that's a worst case 10-6. But the difference between 10-6 and 7-9 is a very thin line in the NFL.

And to Big Rob's point, there are a lot of questions about the Steelers at this point.

That said, I'm still thinking 19-0.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Is it really required to have a gushing and glowing opinion to be welcome here? Is it really not okay to look at the team and be concerned?

What is more likely? We go 19-0 this year or the team has to struggle through:
    1. DD injury
    2. Mendy injury with IRed showing early nicks.
    3. Wallace Drama
    4. New Offense
    5. Question about Foote in the middle
    6. Clark aging and unable to play in Denver; Troy P. in his 30's
    7. JH and Worilds not yet at full tilt
    8. Gilbert struggling early
    9. Questions at CB across for Ike

to name but a few

It is far more realistic to look at this team's barnacles and think there are choppy seas ahead rather than insisting everything is fine and predict a 19-0 record. Saying so doesn't make me a pessimist or chicken little, it makes me a realist with my eyes open. Telling someone their post is ****ing stupid because one doesn't agree with the OP is childish.

I do think the team is talented and I do think the team will be okay in the long run. There are few teams in the league that could overcome such early adversity; the Steelers are one of those teams. However, it is quite possible that this team is primed for a sluggish start and a couple more injuries could easily send the season into the tank. Pointing to the possibility doesn't make me a hater and it certainly doesn't mean I am rooting or hoping for a bad outcome. But some fans won't like to hear it so the response will be to attack the poster instead of looking at the source of the concerns and shedding positive light on how the team might overcome those concerns. Typical.

I guess with that, I won't be really welcome among these parts. Oh well.