Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mendy demoted, Dwyer starts

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    it looks like Mendy is still not 100% to me, I still can't figure out why we rushed him back so early.
    Desperation; the same thing that causes us to sign Plex. They are in deep doo doo and they know it. RM might not be back all the way, but even when he is 100% he ain't as advertised when he was drafted. Bottom line, once he got a taste of how physical NFL players were, he never became the back he was in college.

Starter

User Info Menu

Nice… You can almost envision Arian’s only draft criterion being BSP (Bubble Screen Potential).

Legend

User Info Menu

Guess this is more an indication of where the Steelers running game is going- RB rotation with Dwyer/Redman/Rainey next season.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a 4th name added to the list, mid-round type draft pick. Not a lot of financial investment in the group, but decent production.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Guess this is more an indication of where the Steelers running game is going- RB rotation with Dwyer/Redman/Rainey next season.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a 4th name added to the list, mid-round type draft pick. Not a lot of financial investment in the group, but decent production.
    And all that hinges on Dwyer keeping his focus and working hard on his conditioning and physical skills. The team needs to find a way to keep someone engaged with him so he doesn't fall back into bad habits. IMO the team will draft a RB sometime in this upcoming draft. Dywer, Redman and Rainey isn't going to strike fear into any opponents hearts.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    And all that hinges on Dwyer keeping his focus and working hard on his conditioning and physical skills. The team needs to find a way to keep someone engaged with him so he doesn't fall back into bad habits. IMO the team will draft a RB sometime in this upcoming draft. Dywer, Redman and Rainey isn't going to strike fear into any opponents hearts.
    I think that combo could be special ... AS LONG AS THEY HOLD ON TO THE BALL! Sorry about the yelling but I still get a little fired up thinking about last weeks game. Dywer has won me over this year, I've always liked the heart that Redman provides, and Rainey could be a big play guy. They might draft a back next year but it won't be before the 4th round. I don't think it is that big of a need.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    While your point is good about Dwyer's conditioning, one of the 'advantages' of a RB by committee type backfield is that if Dwyer is out of shape- you simply fall back on the rest of the rotation. That's why a 4th RB will likely be added. Wouldn't surprise if it's a Baron Batch type guy, maybe just a higher rated type.

In the end, if all the RB's average between 3.5 & 4 yards a pop, the job is done. Ben & the WR's ARE the Offense, the running game just needs to take the heat off in tight games.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is a game where I expect big things from Dwyer (though I realize it's against the Ravens).

He's fresh, he's out to prove something (that he can hold on to the ball), and it's a bright lights game. Signs point to him stepping up. As a talent, I think he is our best back right now. Better than Redman for sure (I wasn't saying that before the season started), and better than Mendenhall as he is.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    JD will need a breather after his first carry. I wouldn't be too worried if I were Mendy.

Here's the potential problem with what Tomlin's doing. Mendy's too smart to be bothered Tomlin's motivational technique. Wally might be hurt by the slight and end up performing worse.

There;s a fine line.
    flippy, are you getting soft? jk

I don't give a damn if Mendenhall is a genius. If he's so smart then maybe he can use his brains to figure out a few things. #1 How to stop his tap dancing and useless spin moves #2 How to read his blocks #3 How to hold onto the ball. Apparently, he hasn't been smart enough to figure those 3 things out throughout his career.

Now, onto Wallace. If he gets "hurt" by this then he has absolutely no mental toughness. I wonder if Wallace can answer me two questions.

How many "elite" receivers are listed as co-starters with the typical #3 receiver?

How many co-starters (with the #3 receiver) are making over 11 million / year?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace's stats this season so far:

47 receptions for 572 yards and 6 TDs

Eric Dekker's stats this season so far:

54 receptions for 685 yards and 8 TDs

Mike Wallace shouldn't even be demanding Eric Dekker $ this off-season...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

mendy fumbles 2 times in 4 carries.. garbage.. adios!

I'll always remember him for the Superbowl..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...