Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan Conner

Backup

User Info Menu

Dan Conner

He signed today for 715,000 with giants. I know wwe are tight on money. But probably would have been okay with him at that price compared to Foote. I know Foote deal is not to bad. But if we need to sign some other guys or have flexibility think Conner and Foote are a push.

Backup

User Info Menu

We needed Matt Spaeth for some reason.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Initially I raised my brow at the Spaeth signing, but then read from a couple different sources he was the #1 TE in the NFL at pass blocking.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For him (Conner) signing that cheap my guess is he was simply brought in for leverage against Foote. Wonder if bringing Vic Butler in was intended to try and have Harrison return on the cheap. Pretty sure Butler remains unsigned.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Butler wants 3.5M

Backup

User Info Menu

But Foote got $2.5 million and Connor got $715K, so what exactly did the Steelers GAIN by pursuing Connor?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Give it to him.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    But Foote got $2.5 million and Connor got $715K, so what exactly did the Steelers GAIN by pursuing Connor?
    Maybe they knew Foote wanted to stay here, but he was holding Arizona over their heads so they showed him they would entertain moving on from him. Who knows.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Butler wants 3.5M
    Good info. I'm guessing the Steelers are waiting to see if his price will drop?

Legend

User Info Menu

The answer with Connor is clear. He'd have to wait a year or two before he would be deemed knowledgeable enough to play in the defense so they did what they always do--default to the player who "knows" the defense whether he has less talent or not.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"