Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It appears Ta'Amu could still be in Steelers plans For NT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It appears Ta'Amu could still be in Steelers plans For NT

If he can clear his legal matters.
    I was reading where Hoke our former backup at nose said he thinks Alemeda is a good football player that with 2 yrs under his belt could be pretty good.

There must be something to this or the Steelers would of let him walk for good. The guy made a stupid mistake no question but he's not the only young person to do it , most of us at one time or another did something stupid too at that age.

This could alter their draft plans too, with Ta'Amu, Fangoupo, and Mclendon, they may not even consider NT in the draft so we'll see ahead.

Legend

User Info Menu

Reckon Ta'amu is backed up against the wall. He'll have to be lights-out better in TC this year in order to stick.

He was kept on the roster, not because he was lighting the place up, but because the FO knew they have a problem once Casey's gone. Fangupo might change that thinking.

One thing to consider- Ta'amu is on a 2 year contract. Fangupo is on a 4 year contract.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

It isn't like it was Ta'Amu's first incident. Are there any reports that he's been getting meaningful help? If not, I don't think we can count on him to be the answer at NT.

Starter

User Info Menu

And that would open the door to release Big Snack.

I like that group of 3. Ya gotta figure somebody will rise to the challenge.

Im fine with our D-line being Ta'amu,Mclendon,Fangupo,Keisel,Hayward and Hood in 2013. I would like to see Mclendon and Heyward take the DE starting spots with Keisel and Hood backing them up. Ta'amu and Fangupo hold down the Nose.

Just gotta see what happens with Ta'amu. I'm all for second chances. Let's hope, for Ta'amu's sake, that the right people feel the same way

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    And that would open the door to release Big Snack.

I like that group of 3. Ya gotta figure somebody will rise to the challenge.

Im fine with our D-line being Ta'amu,Mclendon,Fangupo,Keisel,Hayward and Hood in 2013. I would like to see Mclendon and Heyward take the DE starting spots with Keisel and Hood backing them up. Ta'amu and Fangupo hold down the Nose.

Just gotta see what happens with Ta'amu. I'm all for second chances. Let's hope, for Ta'amu's sake, that the right people feel the same way
    Is that the same people that dealt with Chris Rainey?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Is that the same people that dealt with Chris Rainey?
    Rainey was given a second chance...he was cited for trespassing a few months ago and then arrested for assault...

The Steelers went through this with Holmes...

If I was Ta'amu, I wouldn't want so much as a parking ticket...

Legend

User Info Menu

Part of why the Steelers signed Ta'amu to the active roster for the last game, only to have him inactive, was to make sure that he was with the team. Had he remained on the practice squad, he could have been poached.

I'm sure they are not counting on him exclusively, but he is in the mix.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The elephant in the room is Ta'mu's legal problems.

Let's not forget how happy everyone was when we drafted Ta'Amu. We thought we had our future NT. Some thought we already had our future NT in McClendon. Add to that, we signed Fangupo. We have more depth on the d-line than other positions especially on defense. Our biggest depth problems are LB (ILB is the worst) and Safety.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Part of why the Steelers signed Ta'amu to the active roster for the last game, only to have him inactive, was to make sure that he was with the team. Had he remained on the practice squad, he could have been poached.

I'm sure they are not counting on him exclusively, but he is in the mix.
    Interesting... my theory was the morality of the Steelers is only applied when a guy is expendable. Then I thought I was proved wrong when we released him...

I think he stays because we have a bunch of almost could be good guys on the DL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Rainey was given a second chance...he was cited for trespassing a few months ago and then arrested for assault...

The Steelers went through this with Holmes...

If I was Ta'amu, I wouldn't want so much as a parking ticket...
    Really it was 4 chances - you've got the "time to die" text incident in college which had the Steelers leery to take him (so you know that was adressed after the draft), and then there was a driving without a license back in September (no one knows why the charges got dropped) prior to the trespassing and now assault. I liked his potential but at some point the Steelers simply said - we're sick of your sh!t and we're not putting up with it anymore.

I'd like to believe they've had seerious discussions with Ta'amu, put him on razor thin ice, and offered him professional help. Dude should be released if he spits on the sidewalk at this point.