Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antonio Brown may be too good to leave off punt returns in 2014

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd use Brown like Santonio was used in his last year in Pittsburgh. Use him on punt returns in big moments, but otherwise, hope that Archer or somebody else can handle the job.

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Antonio Brown leaving Roc Nation
    Posted by Darin Gantt on July 11, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT

One of the sport’s bright young stars is leaving the flashy upstart which looked so enticing, and is returning home.

No, not that guy.

According to Mike Garafolo and Ross Jones of FOX Sports, Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown is leaving Jay Z’s Roc Nation and is going back to his old agent Drew Rosenhaus.

Agent moves aren’t going to create nationwide paranoia like that other guy, but it is interesting to note the tide shifting away a bit from a group that seemed to have momentum not that long ago.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/11/report-antonio-brown-leaving-roc-nation/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'd use Brown like Santonio was used in his last year in Pittsburgh. Use him on punt returns in big moments, but otherwise, hope that Archer or somebody else can handle the job.
    Feel the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think Brown is too good to get hurt returning punts!

He is the best WR on the team. IMO you don't take the chance.
    nope... he is too good NOT to return punts. I'm not a fan of "protecting" players

Legend

User Info Menu

this team cant afford not to put their best players on the field at all times
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nope... he is too good NOT to return punts. I'm not a fan of "protecting" players
    Agreed, Antonio Brown is a game changer. You want the ball in his hands as mush as possible.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Administrator

User Info Menu

I sure hope Archer can be the PR. He was a premium pick and I don't see him getting many carries at RB so he'll have to provide his value at PR, KR and hopefully WR.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    Agreed, Antonio Brown is a game changer. You want the ball in his hands as mush as possible.
    Only time he shouldn't return punts is if the game is out of reach or if Archer proves he is just as good at returning punts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The other Brown can return punts, too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow lots of strong opinions and good points made on this subject. I will just say that imho going into camp the depth chart for punt returner may look like this: AB #1 and JB #2 and ??? #3. Justin Brown was excellent a year ago at camp as a pr. Coaches always stress moving your feet to get into position and "bows" tight as 2 keys in the pr game. JB who is not at AB's level was 2nd best from what I saw a year ago. Thought he would make the team last year but was wrong about that. He does need to get better as a wr and perhaps he has but if he makes the team this year he will be in the mix as the punt returner.
    Archer and who knows who else may step in and shine at camp and jump past JB and if that happens so be it. Camp battle here should be nice to watch.
    With AB's value as a wr being what it is I don't think a punt returner has to be better then AB to give him a break from special teams but if he is close that may be good enough for the coaches. They could always spot AB in like in a playoff game. Did I say playoffs?