Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Just sayin...

Legend

User Info Menu

Just sayin...

It doesn't make it any less painful , but the Steelers loses are to teams that are a combined 15-2. Other than the patriots game (where we now know Ben was probably playing injured) we were a play or two away from getting the win with a second year QB getting his first NFL start and a undrafted third string QB.

I hate the record, but the team is playing hard and fighting every step of the way.

You may now post your negative comments in response.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It doesn't make it any less painful , but the Steelers loses are to teams that are a combined 15-2. Other than the patriots game (where we now know Ben was probably playing injured) we were a play or two away from getting the win with a second year QB getting his first NFL start and a undrafted third string QB.

I hate the record, but the team is playing hard and fighting every step of the way.

That's wonderful. They are playing hard. I hear the NFL is awarding a new trophy this year in addition to the Lombardi.

It's a participation trophy for teams "trying hard" and the Steelers are in serious contention.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Remember when we actually had SB aspirations?

Remember when we always made the playoffs?

Now people are just happy that they're 'playing hard'.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post

Yup. Talk about lowering expectations.

We went from Lombardi trophies to participation trophies.

I hear the Rooney's are going to create a dedicated display space at Heinz Field for these participation trophies.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

As Tomlin said after the game, “we’re not interested in moral victories”. And I agree with him.

Legend

User Info Menu

I am encouraged by the improved play of the defense and the newfound ability to get takeaways. I am also glad the players haven't given up and are not mailing it in. Perhaps they can form a foundation to be a strong contender in the coming years.

That said, we all know that success in pro sports is about more than trying hard. The Steelers are falling short of success. It has to be turned around.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post

Yep.....but when you ask them what is the one good thing that Tomlin does, they tell you that he wins. Hahahahahahahahahahahaah

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Totally agree. 3 of 4 losses by a total of 9 points. If we had this D the last 2 years we probably have another Lombardi

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I am encouraged by the improved play of the defense and the newfound ability to get takeaways. I am also glad the players haven't given up and are not mailing it in.
    One of the things I’ve always loved about being a Steelers fan (about 45 years now) is I’ve never seen the team give up, even in lousy years like the current one. The culture of the team, across the three coaching eras, has never been one where they admit defeat/sucking during the game. And there are many other teams that can’t say that over the years.

Legend

User Info Menu

No wonder why Washington wants Tomlin. He has an above .800 record for trying hard.
    Unbelievable...lol