View Poll Results: Who would you take for the Steelers if the top 16 turns out like our Board Mock?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • G Jonathan Cooper

6 22.22%
  • LB Jarvis Jones

10 37.04%
  • RB Eddie Lacy

0 0%
  • WR Cordarelle Patterson

7 25.93%
  • CB Desmond Trufant

0 0%
  • S Kenny Vaccaro

4 14.81%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll-Who would you take for the Steelers if the top 16 turns out like our Board Mock?

Legend

User Info Menu

Poll-Who would you take for the Steelers if the top 16 turns out like our Board Mock?

G Jonathan Cooper
    LB Jarvis Jones
    RB Eddie Lacy
    WR Cordarelle Patterson
    CB Desmond Trufant
    S Kenny Vaccaro
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I voted for Jonathan Cooper. He's just too good to pass up imo. Turn the off. line into a strength. He and Foster can battle it out for guard OR move Adams to left and Foster battle Gilbert for RT.

I know I have Trufant in my mock but I had Cooper gone earlier.

If Deandre Hopkins was in the poll, I might take him over Cooper though.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I just can't see the Steelers passing on Jarvis Jones..even if Cooper is still available. The offensive line is now a lower need after last year's draft.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I voted for Jonathan Cooper. He's just too good to pass up imo. Turn the off. line into a strength. He and Foster can battle it out for guard OR move Adams to left and Foster battle Gilbert for RT.

I know I have Trufant in my mock but I had Cooper gone earlier.

If Deandre Hopkins was in the poll, I might take him over Cooper though.
    I'm not a big Gilbert fan (and even less so after the switch to zone blocking), so I would prefer Adams-Cooper-Pouncey-DeCastro-Foster to Gilbert-Foster-Pouncey-DeCastro-Adams, but I still have to go with my boy Jarvis Jones. He may not look smooth in the underwear Olympics like Dion Jordan or Kiki Mingo, but dude's a pure football player. Just like James Harrison before him may not have been an elite athlete like Von Miller or Aldon Smith, Harrison was simply a pure football player. Our defense needs a consistent pass rush, and I think Jarvis would be a worthy replacement to Deebo.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I voted for Jarvis although Cooper's another great choice here to finally get our OLine straightened out and keep Ben healthy.

Ben's been begging for a big WR. How bout getting him Justin Hunter? Patterson is probably the 3rd best WR from Ten even though he's a heck of an athlete. Hunter and Plax would be a tough duo to cover in the Red Zone.

Legend

User Info Menu

I see Cooper is leading the voting but I just don't see the Steelers selecting an OG in the 1st round after re-signing Ramon Foster and using a #1 on David DeCastro last season.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I see Cooper is leading the voting but I just don't see the Steelers selecting an OG in the 1st round after re-signing Ramon Foster and using a #1 on David DeCastro last season.
    I think this forces the Steelers to see the light that Foster belongs at RT. He's the size of Max Starks, but couldn't play LT. But he looked really good when we've seen him on the right. RT is Foster's natural position imho. Although that also looks to be Adams natural position as well. Where we're going with the OLine still confuses me.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Vacarro We could be down one maybe two starting safties next year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    G Jonathan Cooper
    LB Jarvis Jones
    RB Eddie Lacy
    WR Cordarelle Patterson
    CB Desmond Trufant
    S Kenny Vaccaro
    NOT Trufant (not impact player; destined to be a nickel corner like his brother), NOT Vaccaro (he's Michael Huff Jr. IMO), CERTAINLY NOT Eddie Lacy (RBs are a dime a dozen)... That leaves the other three.

Cooper would probably be BPA. The problem is that it concentrates a lot of resources in the interior of our line. Unless we can let Pouncey walk (if that is a possibility, I'm with the pick).

Patterson is certainly intriguing. I think I would prefer Tavon, but I'm all-for an impact guy like this.

Jones is solid value I suppose. I think Adjepong can do a good job (not great). We have other needs, and there probably is better value.

I guess what I'm saying is I take Patterson.

Legend

User Info Menu

Strange.... Chadman was looking at the list thinking Defense... but the 2 Chadman would target- Jones & Trufant- have a few too many questions surrounding them, from 'work ethic' issues for Jones to 'lack of game performance' for Trufant. Can't see the Steelers investing in Cooper after drafting 4 OL from the top 2 rounds over the last 3 years as well as signing Foster to starters money. If it were a LT, maybe, but not another interior OL. Vaccaro has some red flags involving his ability to stay out of trouble, and given the way last season worked out, doubt the Steelers are looking for that kind of personality. Just not sold on Lacy's value at all.

So Patterson it is- certainly an impact player with tremendous upside. What Chadman likes about Patterson is his ability with the ball in his hands- important if the Steelers continue with this dink/dunk offense.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT