Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Before we crucify the Iggy draft pick...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I knew someone would pull this out. When was this? Olsavsky & Green the only others? What draft grade did we have on Lee? Sorry, but it will take a while to let that one go.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 10-23-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    [URL]http://www.nfl.com/player/jameslaurinaitis/79850/profile[/URL]

This guy has been OK, nothing great.
    James Laurinaitis is currently 2nd in the NFL in tackles, sounds pretty good to me.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    IWhat draft grade did we have on Lee? Sorry, but it will take a while to let that one go.
    this might help you to let it go:

Sources: Sean Lee to have surgery

Updated: October 24, 2012,
    By Ed Werder and Todd Archer | ESPN.com

Sean Lee's season is over.

The Cowboys' inside linebacker will have surgery on his right big toe, according to sources, with a full recovery expected for 2013. The Cowboys feared Lee would need surgery but had held out a slim hope of a comeback but by late Tuesday, those hopes were extinguished.

The Cowboys are deep at the linebacker position but defensive co-captain Sean Lee's contributions are irreplaceable, Dan Graziano writes. Blog

Running back Felix Jones had a similar surgery in 2008 and has not had any issues with the toe since.

Lee suffered the injury in the third quarter of Sunday's win at Carolina. A second MRI on Tuesday confirmed significant ligament damage. He has the most severe case of turf toe with a complete tear.

Some players in the past have been able to play with milder cases of turf toe.

The Cowboys view Lee as a long-time piece to the future of the team, but he has had trouble staying healthy. He almost had his 2011 season come to an end with a dislocated left wrist but managed to miss only one game and played the rest of the season with a cast. He missed two games in 2010 with a hamstring injury after coming in with a knee injury.

Lee leads the Cowboys in tackles with 77 in the first six games, according to the coaches' film. He has two tackles for loss, eight quarterback pressures, one interception, two pass deflections and a forced fumble.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8543999/sources-sean-lee-dallas-cowboys-season-ending-toe-surgery[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I remember thinking eric wood was going to be a kind of sneaky pick.

buffalo may have surprised us there as he was generally rated late 1st-mid 2nd.

that was a weak draft in that area, no doubt.
    Yeah, I thought there was a good chance that the pick was going to be Wood as well. I was not a big Max Unger fan, and I'm not sure how he's done, but I know he was in the conversation.

In hindsight, McCoy would have been a great pick, but I couldn't see the Steelers drafting him in the first after investing a first rounder in Mendenhall.

That was a very weak in the late first/early second area.

Legend

User Info Menu

there's a lot of guys who i'd take there over hood.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    there's a lot of guys who i'd take there over hood.
    Really? Did you actually read that list of draft picks?

And which one of those guys would have stepped in and played as well as Hood did when Aaron Smith was out? None...

There's nothing wrong with Hood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Really? Did you actually read that list of draft picks?

And which one of those guys would have stepped in and played as well as Hood did when Aaron Smith was out? None...

There's nothing wrong with Hood...
    There is also nothing about his performance consistent with the use of a first round pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace would have been a better pick.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I would gladly take LeSean McCoy over Ziggy...
    Of course, in hindsight, yes. But my point was that it is a pretty short list over what better picks were out there. I only see McCoy and Loadholt as possible better picks. It's rare that, in hindsight, you can't find A LOT of better picks taken after the first round pick you do take. Also, didn't we supposedly have a franchise back (Mendenhall) already on the roster at the time of the Ziggy pick? Again, in hindsight, it would have been better to take McCoy even with RM on the roster, but hindsight is 20-20. My point was that even _WITH_ hindsight, Ziggy wasn't such a bad pick. He is at least still in the NFL and starting. Maybe he isn't dominant, but what D-lineman really is in our 3-4 system? Not many.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    We don't draft white LB's.
    I seem to remember a Jerry O., Bryan Hinkle, Jack Lambert, Jack Ham, Vrable...but maybe you meant with the current regime.