Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anti Steeler bias.....stop being ridiculous, you sound irrational

Backup

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=papillon;531663]Woodley and Troy don't hit like Harrison (IMO and I don't mean illegally), Harrison and Clark try to hit a player as hard as they possibly can. The new target that these guys have to try hit is miniscule and as soon as a receiver, RB or any other player see JH or RC coming they protect themselves (and rightfully so) which makes the target even smaller and nearly impossible to hit in a fashion that is acceptable to today's NFL.

Although the hit on Victor Cruz was clean, couldn't he be considered defenseless in that scenario? And, Clark let him have it and that isn't acceptable any longer. It was the power of the hit that caused the penalty, the referee didn't care whether it was helmet to helmet or not, it was too hard.

Too hard??? Is this the NFL, or the Lingerie Football League??

Its a contact sport!!

The NFL, with the help of Rog Goodell, have reduced the contact to unbelievable proportions..

I thought the rules for H-to-H were for "Intent to Injure"...not every "Football" play that may
    involve a helmet grazing a facemask.

It's all BS, and just another way for the Refs to control a game for Goodell and what he wants the
    outcome to be!!

The problem in the Giants v Steeeelers game, was that the Refs were so FREEKING OBVIOUS, they
    messed up. Rog made a call to Ref Leavy to "Let'em Play", and the BS calls stopped!!

So believe what you want, but be sure of one thing...THE REFS CAN MAKE ANY CALL THEY WANT AT
    ANYTIME AND GET AWAY WITH IT!!!! The refs aint ever getting FINED or SUSPENDED!!

This will undoubtedly be followed by WTF call was that, by every football fan out there, and what is a
    fan to do??? Freaking, F-ing NOTHING!!!

Enjoy the rest of the season!!!

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Sorry Lemmo but after todays announcement of the fines, do you still feel this way?
    Sorry so late havent been here lately.
    Yes, nothing has changed.
    Sanders? Only black and gold glasses can distort ones vision to think he was not faking. As others have noted the commentators drew even more attention to it.
    Dude goes from being unable to put ANY weight on the leg to the stinkin roadrunner showing no limp whatsoever in a matter of minutes.

Catching a faked injury is really hard, but they had said before they were gonna crack down.
    If not then, when?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Games aren't fixed because they hate the Steelers; games are fixed for the dirty side of the game to make money. If millions and millions are in play on a game, you don't think a lot of the refs would makes a few calls to pick up his gym bag with $100,000 out of the airport locker? How many men can't be swayed by $100,000 in cash?
    Oh Lloydroid joined the discussion here.
    Newsflash genius.

YOU AGREE WITH ME.

My only contention is that the commish CANNOT dictate the officials play favorites. Nothing more nothing less.
    See "I hate one team so much that I will direct dozens of people to call plays based on my bias" makes no sense.
    These official can thereafter use this against Goodell in negotiations.
    If an official is corrupt (which I agree not only "can" happen it HAS happened) the corrupt official can threaten to expose Goodell and take bribes with impunity.

So many here think everyone acts like a fan would act if they had the power.

Goodells career, his legacy, would be tarnished forever if he were enforcing some silly anti Steeler agenda. The only way he could go it would be to involve too many other people, which they could leverage against him.

It is silly fan talk.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Newsflash genius.

YOU AGREE WITH ME.

My only contention is that the commish CANNOT dictate the officials play favorites. Nothing more nothing less.
    See "I hate one team so much that I will direct dozens of people to call plays based on my bias" makes no sense.
    If an official is corrupt (which I agree not only "can" happen it HAS happened) the corrupt official can threaten to expose Goodell and take bribes with impunity.

Goodells career, his legacy, would be tarnished forever if he were enforcing some silly anti Steeler agenda. The only way he could go it would be to involve too many other people, which they could leverage against him.

It is silly fan talk.
    Ummm, "Captain missing the obvious," I didn't say I disagreed with you. I was AGREEING that the calls were not from Steeler hatred, but rather when there were questionable calls, it was more likely the case of the game being fixed. So, take your chubby little body and get a grip. I AGREED that the calls were not from Steeler hatred. So "winner, winner, chicken dinner" it's time for you to grab a cup of coffee, genius. Maybe next time you can lecture us on how the world is round! We might not have realized that yet, either.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Newsflash genius.

YOU AGREE WITH ME.

It is silly fan talk.
    I agree that the league does not have a specific "anti-Steelers" agenda, but it would not surprise me if certain things are said to the officials before the game. For example "keep an eye on #92 and #25, they have histories of dirty play and I want to make sure that they don't get away with anything....for the sake of player safety".

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Ummm, "Captain missing the obvious," I didn't say I disagreed with you. I was AGREEING that the calls were not from Steeler hatred, but rather when there were questionable calls, it was more likely the case of the game being fixed. So, take your chubby little body and get a grip. I AGREED that the calls were not from Steeler hatred. So "winner, winner, chicken dinner" it's time for you to grab a cup of coffee, genius. Maybe next time you can lecture us on how the world is round! We might not have realized that yet, either.
    You are acting like a douchebag...and it isn't necessary...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You are acting like a douchebag...and it isn't necessary...
    Oh, you mean with posting things such as this.

Newsflash genius.
    Do you suffer from selective comprehension? That is a direct ad hominem attack, STARTED by capt. obvious. But nary a mention of THAT from you there. Odd, huh?

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh, you mean with posting things such as this.

Do you suffer from selective comprehension? That is a direct ad hominem attack, STARTED by capt. obvious. But nary a mention of THAT from you there. Odd, huh?
    Slapstick thanks for the support but Lloydroid is absolutely correct. I should have never called him a genius, so this is my fault.

I apologize LD for calling you a genius. I KNOWINGLY wrote it with no basis whatsoever. That is so wrong. Nothing you wrote in this thread justifies me giving you such a label. I should have never done it and I am ashamed that I called you a genius. It will not happen again my Steeler brother. Can we start fresh and forget I ever said it?

(come on dude have a little fun, this stuff aint serious)

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I agree that the league does not have a specific "anti-Steelers" agenda, but it would not surprise me if certain things are said to the officials before the game. For example "keep an eye on #92 and #25, they have histories of dirty play and I want to make sure that they don't get away with anything....for the sake of player safety".
    I can go with that, very possible.

TCFCLTC-

Rookie

User Info Menu

Lemming said, "Newsflash genius"...

You answered with this:

That's a completely disproportionate response and is rather douchey...

You could have just reminded him to please maintain a civil tone in the discussion, because we are all mature adults here...

But, that's okay...I guess two wrongs DO make a right...

Go ahead post like a Crash wannabe...if Crash lite is what you are going for, mission accomplished...

(Notice how there were no personal attacks against you in there...just a gentle critique of your posting style and general on-board conduct...nonetheless, you are still a wonderful person)