Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers hope Bell is rookie rarity at RB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    You're badly overrating Dwyer. The guy had two good games last year, and he's on the same level as AP with you? Dwyer isn't starter caliber. He might not even make the team. Bell is the guy with pedigree.
    To clarify, he's not AP. Not even close. But those are 2 runners that are violent and deliver a blow when they're running the ball. Most RBs don't have anything close to that. If he could stay in shape, he's not a guy defenses want to have to tackle 20+ times a game.

I wasn't a fan of his at all when we drafted him. I thought he was big, lazy, and slow. But when you watch him run, he's got something different that he brings to the table. If he could just stay healthy and stop needing a breather with every step, he has big time potential.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    To clarify, he's not AP. Not even close. But those are 2 runners that are violent and deliver a blow when they're running the ball. Most RBs don't have anything close to that. If he could stay in shape, he's not a guy defenses want to have to tackle 20+ times a game.

I wasn't a fan of his at all when we drafted him. I thought he was big, lazy, and slow. But when you watch him run, he's got something different that he brings to the table. If he could just stay healthy and stop needing a breather with every step, he has big time potential.
    There are plenty of other RBs in the NFL that do exactly what you say Dwyer does. What puts them ahead of Dwyer is the fact they don't show up to camp out of shape for three straight seasons. Dwyer just isn't worth it anymore. Assuming the other RBs stay healthy through training camp and the preseason, his roster spot should be used at a different position.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Bell to get 1300+ yards this season. Our OL from a run blocking stand point should become elite. While much is left to be proved from pass protection, Pouncey, DD, Gilbert and Adams should be road graders on O. You combine that with a young talented 3 down back and you should see some serious production.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed Bouchette‏@EdBouchette:

Rookie Le'Veon Bell was RB w/Steelers first team offense for 4 of its 5 snaps in team drills to end practice. Carried 3 times.

[URL]https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/361967295599353856[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha