Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Predictions?-Play the game & go on record here...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He will hold out at least 3 weeks.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

What's the trade deadline?

Administrator

User Info Menu

This is a tough one. I think he signs the tender and signs a long-term deal w/ the Steelers.

At a minimum, I hope he signs the tender and he plays for the Steelers in 2012 but he'll hit UFA and sign somewhere else next year.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    This is a tough one. I think he signs the tender and signs a long-term deal w/ the Steelers.

At a minimum, I hope he signs the tender and he plays for the Steelers in 2012 but he'll hit UFA and sign somewhere else next year.
    IMO he'll only signs a long term deal if he has a sub-par season performance wise. He seems determined to have a big pay day no matter how he gets it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    What's the trade deadline?
    I think a trade here is pretty much useless. Maybe we get a 4th round pick...although I guess what seemed like a useless trade with SH turned out OK.

I have always been in the "this will get done" camp and I still am. I may not be if it's not resolved by the end of the week.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    IMO he'll only signs a long term deal if he has a sub-par season performance wise. He seems determined to have a big pay day no matter how he gets it.
    But what if he holds out until week 10 (or whatever) and then plays sub-par or gets injured. Either way, that could cause him to lose millions upon millions. His options are not very good especially if he wants to play this year. By far his best option was the contract he was already offered. Now, his options are likely even less attractive. Outside of signing a long-term deal with the Steelers, his second best (safe option) is to not play AT ALL this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    But what if he holds out until week 10 (or whatever) and then plays sub-par or gets injured. Either way, that could cause him to lose millions upon millions. His options are not very good especially if he wants to play this year. By far his best option was the contract he was already offered. Now, his options are likely even less attractive. Outside of signing a long-term deal with the Steelers, his second best (safe option) is to not play AT ALL this season.
    Not playing at all does nothing because he doesn't accrue his required service time. I don't really give a flying fart whether he likes his options or has good options. He and only he put himself in this situation by overplaying his hand and getting greedy.

If he comes back and doesn't play up to his potential then he will directly effect his marketability. Sucks to be him but he did this to himself.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think a trade here is pretty much useless. Maybe we get a 4th round pick...although I guess what seemed like a useless trade with SH turned out OK.
    I disagree about the 4th round pick. The Browns gave up a 2nd round pick in next year's draft for pot-head Gordon...

Some team will be willing and able to pony up a significant pick...

Legend

User Info Menu

Not playing at all does nothing because he doesn't accrue his required service time. I don't really give a flying fart whether he likes his options or has good options. He and only he put himself in this situation by overplaying his hand and getting greedy.

If he comes back and doesn't play up to his potential then he will directly effect his marketability. Sucks to be him but he did this to himself.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't suck too bad to be him. He can hold out and join the team in the 10th week to accrue the final year he needs to be eligible for UFA. If he comes back in the 10th week, chances are he won't play or very little limiting the possibility of injury and getting paid $168,000 per game while doing it. Then next year rolls around the Steelers may or may not franchise him and he can negotiate a contract with any team in the league. It may not be the one he wants, but someone will still pay him pretty good money to be on their team. I don't expect to see Mike Wallace until week 10, then very little of him on the field and he'll try his hand at UFA next year.

And, so it goes with WR Divas...they're an interesting bunch the wide receivers of the NFL. Somewhere along the way they have decided that they are more important to teams than quarterbacks, this self-importance is leading to interesting scenarios.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Administrator

User Info Menu

Good point. I forgot about the eligibility requirement. If he sits out until week 10, I'd be really surprised if the Steelers showed him much playing time. It's just not their style.