Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So Troy is limping again.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    Did someone say obtuse? Ruthless, here's your cue...
    its a softball.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm still struggling to determine what the point of this is. Two sentences or less and what does it matter?
    Why it matters? By downplaying the nature of TP's injury it gives us false hope, when reality is, it was always more severe than they were letting on, making us feel his 100% health was likely, when it really never was. I don't know about you, but I don't like being lied to. Most people don't. If you don't mind being played the fool, then OK. But that is a personal decision.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I think you are being purposely obtuse because you don't want to admit my assertion was right on the $ all along. This goes further than just "Oh well, if you rush back too soon, you can re-injure your injury." And, you probably know it, but don't want to admit it, so you are playing dumb. Fact is, the injury was ALWAYS more than a calf strain, as the team was trying to lie about. It was an Achilles all along, which explains why it has lingered for so long. A calf pull would never linger this long. No way. Fact is, the injury was ALWAYS more serious than the team was letting on, and now it's becoming impossible to deny. But, I guess you never wondered why they always left things vague when reporting on Troy's injury? They were careful to not call it an Achilles, but instead a calf injury? And you just bought that lie, like a duped patsy? How much obvious does this have to get until you see the truth?
    I mean, really people, I even put the important sentences is large letters. And you still can't grasp this? Really?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    nothing and nothing, but I bet the word "assertion" finds its way in there somewhere.
    Sorry Eddie. You can go to [url]www.dictionary.com[/url] if you are having trouble following.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why it matters? By downplaying the nature of TP's injury it gives us false hope, when reality is, it was always more severe than they were letting on, making us feel his 100% health was likely, when it really never was. I don't know about you, but I don't like being lied to. Most people don't. If you don't mind being played the fool, then OK. But that is a personal decision.

Aww, poor little guy got his hopes up and was let down. I understand now. He's just emotionally hurt, that's all.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm beginning to think you must be a 15 year old. This is a very naive view of the world. The only people who would care about this are gamblers.

They disclose the minimum amount of injury information necessary to satisfy NFL Rules. That's it.
    Last edited by BigRob; 12-12-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Aww, poor little guy got his hopes up and was let down. I understand now. He's just emotionally hurt, that's all.
    Well, I could use a cult to make me feel better, right? Isn't that who cults prey on: the weak minded?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, I could use a cult to make me feel better, right? Isn't that who cults prey on: the weak minded?

I'd still love for you to tell me what cult it is that I am a part of. Or would you prefer to keep whistling past the graveyard on this one?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    Did someone say obtuse? Ruthless, here's your cue...
    He doesn't deserve the Shawshank treatment. No Warden Norton for you!!! Way too good of a movie to waste here...are there any prison movies starring Pauly Shore or Carrot Top that we could use instead? Although it would be funny if he followed through on his threat to quit his Steeler addiction cold turkey because of how embarrassing this team is (but he's not a fairweather fan!)...then we can use a Warden Norton line, "Lord, it's a miracle! Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind!"

Therefore, instead for my usual pictorial representation of obtuse, I can simply explain to him that his armpit (not rpmpit) would be an example of an obtuse angle whenever lloydroid is performing his favorite activity when talking about God's gift to running backs, Jonathan Dwyer (with a remarkable 510 yards and 1 TD this year).

If that is too difficult to understand, here are 8 obtuse angles in a single sign to remind lloydroid what he should problably do the next time he considers droning on and on about cults of people being mislead about NFL injuries.

You understand me? Catching my drift?... Or am I being obtuse?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Well for the record I have had a nagging calf injury for over 7 years. I lost weight, I tried different stretches, and I would get it to where I thought it was ready, then bam, I would be running, or making a quick movement and I would strain it again. It happened over and over and over.

That being said, it is finally healthy...but it has been 7 years of on and off frustration. On a side note I think everyone saw the play where Troy reinjured the leg, when he and Keenan Lewis collided in the endzone. There was no mystery in that because his calf made big contact with Lewis.

I think maybe the injury or lack of one that more people would be looking at is Ben's separated shoulder, sprained SC joint, and dislocated rib. Less than a month after the injury the guy shows no pain, makes all of the throws, and even goes head first more than once during the game instead of sliding to protect the injury. Maybe Ben should give Troy whatever he's taking.