Thread: Can The Steelers afford to remain so Patient

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wouldn't necessarily say the players we picked are horrible. I think the positions we picked were wrong. As I have said many times, drafting 3-4 DE in the first round is stupid.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say the players we picked are horrible. I think the positions we picked were wrong. As I have said many times, drafting 3-4 DE in the first round is stupid.
    Was drafting JJ Watt in the first round stupid?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Was drafting JJ Watt in the first round stupid?
    Can you in good conscience sit there and compare Hood, Heyward, and JJ Watt?
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Can you in good conscience sit there and compare Hood, Heyward, and JJ Watt?
    sure, that's easy...

JJ Watt is way better.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    sure, that's easy...

JJ Watt is way better.
    Yeah, but to be fair, there is a distinction between guys picked where Watt was (borderline Top 10) and guys like Hood and Heyward (bottom of 1st round). I mean, it would be much more fair to compare Cam Jordan (came out same year as Heyward), to Watt. The Steelers surely would've picked Watt if they could.

The problem I have with Hood/Heyward was that they were always just what they were... They never slipped down the board (e.g. DeCastro). They were ham & eggers, and everyone knew it. That's why they were picked where they were.
    Last edited by Shoe; 04-07-2013 at 12:18 PM.