Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like Ike is staying

Legend

User Info Menu

At this point it looks like this team is very comfortable right now WRT the cap. Excellent job so far by the FO.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Glad he's back at a discounted rate.

He's just simply not worth 10 million / year. The Steelers knew it and apparently Ike finally realized it.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

always been a big ike taylor fan.

happy he gets to stay.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Sort of stayed out of the "Ike has to go" stuff.

Fact is, he's still the #1 CB on this team until he's replaced. And what's on the market isn't significantly better than him.
    Ike's been a number 1 CB on this team for a lot of years. Didn't play like one last year. I hope he proves me wrong, and returns to form for the next year or so.

Legend

User Info Menu

Great news for both. He is obviously smarter than Harrison was.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Great news for both. He is obviously smarter than Harrison was.
    No doubt.. the sad thing is...Harrison really could have helped us last year. Heck...even could have helped us this year with the way things are going.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is a good move for the team. Saves the team $$ and brings back a player who still has something left and meets a need.

And he has always been the consummate pro. Stays in phenomenal shape. Never a second of trouble or controversy. I'm glad he'll call it a career with the Steelers. Now if he could just find his damn hands...

Legend

User Info Menu

Ike Taylor agrees to new contract with Steelers

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 10, 2014

Ike Taylor will remain in Pittsburgh.

Taylor, the veteran cornerback who was considered a possible cap casualty, announced on Twitter that he will be staying with the Steelers. He is presumably agreeing to a pay cut to give the Steelers some cap relief.

In announcing the new deal, Taylor referred to himself as a “lifer” who plans to retire playing for the Rooney family and for longtime defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau.

Taylor, who will turn 34 in May, joined the Steelers as a fourth-round draft pick out of Louisiana-Lafayette in 2003. He started all 16 games for the Steelers in 2013.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/10/ike-taylor-agrees-to-new-contract-with-steelers/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pay cut. Base of 2.75 mil in '14. I'm Ok with that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Pay cut. Base of 2.75 mil in '14. I'm Ok with that.
    Yep...that is a terrific number.
    Trolls are people too.