Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If Ben can't go: You start Batch or Hoyer?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I mean do we win with either QB? I think not. I would rather give Hoyer some game time experience...take a chance. What I know for sure is we cant win with Batch.
    I'm not saying BATCH is the man. BUT right now, don't you think he's our best option to WIN (not just gain experience?)
    I am sure the coaches will evaluate HOYER's knowledge of the offense, but right now BATCH is the best prepared QB we have until Ben gets back.

I'm as happy as anyone we got a potential YOUNG QB, but I wouldn't throw him to the wolves this soon.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Batch, Batch and more Batch. It's silly to say a guys career is over based on one game. Sorta like the people that were throwing dirt on LeBeau's grave earlier this season. Batch's arm strength is not much weaker than it was a couple of years ago. His timing was off against the Browns. This happens when you don't play meaningful minutes for a couple of years. Hopefully he gets it back against a weak Raven secondary.

Is this season starting to remind anybody of 2005? I'm starting to get that dejavu sorta feeling.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Hoyer was an undrafted FA out of Michigan St (where he was Honarable Mention All Big Ten in 2007). He appeared in 13 games for the pats from 2009 - 2011 and was 27 of 43 for 286 yards. I TD - I INT.
    If you are going to use Roman numerals for the small numbers, then you have to use them for the big numbers too. Your sentence should read as follows:

"Hoyer was an undrafted free agent out of Michigan State (where he was Honrable Mention All-Big Ten in MMVII). He appeared in XIII games for the Patriots from MMIX to MMXI, and was XXVII of XLIII for CCLXXXVI yards, I TD, and I INT."

Much better.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    If you are going to use Roman numerals for the small numbers, then you have to use them for the big numbers too. Your sentence should read as follows:

"Hoyer was an undrafted free agent out of Michigan State (where he was Honrable Mention All-Big Ten in MMVII). He appeared in XIII games for the Patriots from MMIX to MMXI, and was XXVII of XLIII for CCLXXXVI yards, I TD, and I INT."

Much better.
    Especially when speaking about a Michigan State Spartan!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Especially when speaking about a Michigan State Spartan!!
    Plaxico Burress Ince spiked a live ball I time in the middle of the field during his Ist season when the Pittsburgh Steelers drafted him in the Ist round with their Ist pick. So nice of the Steelers to give Plax a IInd chance. I'm not using anything bigger than III because it confuses me. So I'll predict Plax will score more than III TDs and have more than III catches this season. So far, I important PI. Wonder if he'll get III + III + II TDs like last year? or will he get I, II, III, or III+ more? I thing at a time. I game at a time. I hate getting ahead of myself.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm not using anything bigger than III because it confuses me.
    What will you do if this thread continues on to a IVth page?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Batch, Batch and more Batch. It's silly to say a guys career is over based on one game. Sorta like the people that were throwing dirt on LeBeau's grave earlier this season. Batch's arm strength is not much weaker than it was a couple of years ago. His timing was off against the Browns. This happens when you don't play meaningful minutes for a couple of years. Hopefully he gets it back against a weak Raven secondary.

Is this season starting to remind anybody of 2005? I'm starting to get that dejavu sorta feeling.
    So does that mean we can keep Batch and have him play until he's 62 and collecting SS.... he might play poorly but since it's only 1 game, we'll give him another shot. When is enough, enough already.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why on God's green earth would you even entertain the possibility of starting Batch after the performance he had against the 2-8 Browns? We gave them the ball 7 times and they still only beat us by 6! Its because our D is playing lights out ansd they did so against the Ravens last week. Yes, Hoyer doesnt know the Offense and has only been on the team for a week, but the guy is an NFL QB. He can adapt a lot easier then what some of you think. This isnt rocket science, its football and the last I looked it is still played, for the most part, the same way it was played in 1930. Hoyer was able to grasp the Pats offense, which is similar to Haley's, so he'll not have many misunderstandings, except for the names of the plays, in ours. Batch is finished and will be dropped after this season and in my opinion should be cut right now. Pick up another QB and get on with this season.

If Batch starts against the Ravens we will lose by 2 td's or more. The Ravens play a lot better at home then they do on the road. We have to score at least 24 to win this game and Chuck isnt going to get us there. Not even CLOSE!
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Why on God's green earth would you even entertain the possibility of starting Batch after the performance he had against the 2-8 Browns? We gave them the ball 7 times and they still only beat us by 6! Its because our D is playing lights out ansd they did so against the Ravens last week. Yes, Hoyer doesnt know the Offense and has only been on the team for a week, but the guy is an NFL QB. He can adapt a lot easier then what some of you think. This isnt rocket science, its football and the last I looked it is still played, for the most part, the same way it was played in 1930. Hoyer was able to grasp the Pats offense, which is similar to Haley's, so he'll not have many misunderstandings, except for the names of the plays, in ours. Batch is finished and will be dropped after this season and in my opinion should be cut right now. Pick up another QB and get on with this season.

If Batch starts against the Ravens we will lose by 2 td's or more. The Ravens play a lot better at home then they do on the road. We have to score at least 24 to win this game and Chuck isnt going to get us there. Not even CLOSE!
    But... But... he knows the offense. lol. Finally, a voice of reason. How long are we going to continue with our ancient QBs that can't play anymore. It's been a failure of this organization as a whole.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I would rather the Steelers not show up and just add a loss to their record than go to Baltimore, start Batch and get embarrassed again which is likely to happen if Batch has to start.

At least that way we can walk away without injuries.