Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally national commentators noticing

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Finally national commentators noticing

I am glad to see others finally noticing some of the BS coming out of Pgh. On First Take, they finally questioned how any calf injury lasts as long as Troy's and that there is a problem when you are seen more on commercials and the side lines than seen on the play field. I am so sick of seeing Troy in commercials and on the side lines. I wouldn't miss him in the least if they just cut him next year. No calf injury known to mankind last this long. His injury is to his Achilles not to his calf. Once again, the Steelers are being liars.

They also questioned why Batch is on an active roster at all, and at his age, let him be a coach if you want him around, but there is no reason to have a guy that age, with that weak of an arm, on your active roster. The Steelers are often loyal to a fault, and this is yet another case of that. Charlie is from Western PA, and the Rooneys always apply way too much weight to that. Who the F cares if a player is from PA? You allow your team to be inferior just to have more players from the region on the roster? That is moronic. Johnson should have been our 3rd-string QB. The front office/coaches have screwed the pooch at the fan's expense.

As I predicted, this team went from 6-3 to 6-6 leaving no room for error. They have pulled off things like that before (see 2005) but the odds are, they won't win out the last 4 games. They need a purge. There are malcontents on this team and that shows up in the chemistry and end product. I am perfectly happy for a down season or 2 to get this team solid again. Trying to win with a patched up, jerry rigged team is not the way; starting players on past performance instead of today's reality (Hampton instead of McClendon, etc.) is no way to run a team. Mendenhall has proved more than ever that he sucks. End the Troy all-commercials-no-play ways. I would cut Wallace TODAY - what would we lose without that jack ass? It's time for this team to face realities and end their idealistic ways. Grow up.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow, what national commentator said all that??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Wow, what national commentator said all that??

it's possible that lloyd may have embellished slightly...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    it's possible that lloyd may have embellished slightly...
    They asserted the first two paragraphs, the third one was my personal rant.

Correction: the 2nd part of the 2nd paragraph was mine too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Was it the same national commentators who said Facebook's IPO would go to $100/share overnight??
    National Commentator's are awesome!! Find me more, I wanna know who's gonna win the SuperBowl this year??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was all for MClendon starting over Hampton earlier this season and I don't know if the Steelers have now brain washed me but, Hamptons seems to be doing well still. I don't hate Wallace or anyone on the team as far as I know but, it wouldn't affect me if Troy and Casey were not invited back next season. I would like to see us keep Wallace only if we can get him at a fair price and we don't crush the teams future for signing other players that will be needed.
    Mendenhall can take a hike for all I care. I thought he was going to turn out to be something special but with him and his injuries, his unwillingness to hit the hole when it comes down to it.. all I can say is ciao.
    I'm one of the ones that wanted Batch to remain so I'm just as bad as the others. I never realized he has a cream puff of an arm. Charlie needs to be given his walking papers too. I never cared for Byron Leftwich, never. He's one of the worse qb's we have had on this team except for the one guy back in the Kordell days. I think it was Kent Grahm or something like that. Maybe Lefwich could show something if he wasn't always getting hurt.
    If we can save some money, let go of Hampton too. I would rather see McClendon getting more time to play and learn with Hampton on the side lines talking experience to him. And if things get tough, then put Hampton in. Oh well, I guess that is what coaches are for.

Now the Steelers have done it again in my opinion with spending more money than they need to. They did it with Wallace and now it will be that way with Lewis also. I believe many of us knew two season ago Wallace was going to be a star. The Steelers allowed him to start and have a great season knowing, they would need to pay him the money. They should have signed Wallace two seasons ago.
    Same goes for Lewis. As soon as they noticed he had promise they should have signed him. I don't want to rip the players off but, don't wait until these guys have everything in their favor either.
    Obviously I know little to nothing about the business side of football and their contracts and I'm sure I can be corrected with my rant so, be gentle.

Legend

User Info Menu

We're 6-5. Don't give the Ravens next weeks' win so quickly.

We can probably get in the playoffs going 3-2 in our last 5 games as long as we beat the Bengals. Then again, they're the Bengals, so we may even need less.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    We're 6-5. Don't give the Ravens next weeks' win so quickly.

We can probably get in the playoffs going 3-2 in our last 5 games as long as we beat the Bengals. Then again, they're the Bengals, so we may even need less.
    I agree, 100%. Supposing Ben and AB are healthy starting the following week against SD, we are 3-1 maybe 4-0 from there, if the D keeps playing like this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is Hampton last year under contract, so a say he's a goner and as far as Troy it will not hurt my feelings neither because actually Allen is playing well.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Supposing Ben and AB are healthy starting the following week against SD, we are 3-1 maybe 4-0 from there, if the D keeps playing like this.
    Not if our backs keep putting the ball on the ground, and Wallace keeps playing like a pu$$...