Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben is one of the problems.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    This is ridiculous.
    Three superbowls and 2 wins are what give you PLENTY of benefit of the doubt.
    And I am a "melanin enhanced" man who has been VERY honestly critical of Ben's recent play.
    Nevertheless, I not only understand those who are less critical, I am not ready to just give up on him.
    While I agree some are giving him too much of a pass, you conversely do not give him credit he is due for what he HAS Done over his career.

Part of that loyalty Steeler fans have is we go decades between championship caliber QBs.

Nothing to do with race whatsoever.
    We'll all be surprised at well Ben will be playing once he can begin to trust the linemen to hold a block for 3 seconds, once he can trust a receiver to read the hots correctly and gets on the same page as him, once he gets a running back in the game that can handle the blitz pickups and be a threat receiving and once he gets his head out of his @ss and takes care of the things he can take care of.

Ben has 4 or 5 more years of good football in him, I have no doubt, he's as tough as they come and more competitive than any other, he'll be fine, but right now he isn't playing well.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

This is ridiculous.
    And I am a "melanin enhanced" man who has been VERY honestly critical of Ben's recent play.
    Nevertheless, I not only understand those who are less critical, I am not ready to just give up on him.
    While I agree some are giving him too much of a pass, you conversely do not give him credit he is due for what he HAS Done over his career.

Part of that loyalty Steeler fans have is we go decades between championship caliber QBs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elitestatusplease View Post
    Just wanna know WHY Ben is the only Steeler to get this loyalty. Can someone explain? Somehow I dont think that Byron Leftwich would be getting the same loyalty with 20 tds and 17 ints in the playoffs. Pretty pathetic actually
    Charlie would get just as much love if he had Ben's success. Hometown boy is only the second QB in team history with a ring and gets 2?
    Look at my last post.

20/17 really dude. Are you insane?
    That says multiple deep playoff runs. You are calling THAT failure?

If you could get into the back to the future Delorian and look into the future and tell me a certain draft pick will do that, I would take him number one overall in any draft.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-25-2013 at 02:51 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Rookie

User Info Menu

Charlie would get just as much love if he had Ben's success.

20/17 really dude.

If you could get into the back to the future Delorian and look into the future and tell me a certain draft pick will do that, I would take him number one overall in any draft.
    Not only that, but 10-4 with two rings!!

If it was so easy for a team to carry a QB to victory, Cowher would have 4 SB rings himself...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elitestatusplease View Post
    If Peyton is in the burgh Ben is on the bench. Did you know that Peyton lost a playoff game after throwing 4 tds and 300 yards. If Ben did that and lost you guys would be blaming the defense for losing the game but since its Peyton Manning you want to blame Peyton. Why the dishonesty? Why the double standard?
    Peyton wouldn't want to come to Pittsburgh to hand off to Isaac Redman.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    Peyton wouldn't want to come to Pittsburgh to hand off to Isaac Redman.
    Would he even last past the first game with Baltimore? TSuggs would break his neck behind this OL.

Backup

User Info Menu

This is ridiculous.

Ike, Starks and Hines had 3 sbs too, HOW COME they arent afforded "Ben treatment". When Mendy made insensitive comments he got killed. Ben gets his 2nd rape allegation in a year and 80% of Steeler Nation blamed the media and DTF. How come?

Congrats, Im melanin challenged if you will but I can see the blacks' (no offense) point and Colin's.

Just because youre critical of someone doesnt mean you want him gone I certainly do not however he is under achieving and has for the better part of his career and I'm calling him out on it.

I have already addressed this issue. If you are going to use the we haven't had an elite quarterback for 30 years argument then why doesn't the same thing applies to our running backs DB's etc?

Lastly, Ben gets WAY too much credit for our sb wins. Sorry 1td and 3 ints isnt good.

And IF you dont think we have fans who favor players who look like them then you are naive.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    We'll all be surprised at well Ben will be playing once he can begin to trust the linemen to hold a block for 3 seconds, once he can trust a receiver to read the hots correctly and gets on the same page as him, once he gets a running back in the game that can handle the blitz pickups and be a threat receiving and once he gets his head out of his @ss and takes care of the things he can take care of.

Ben has 4 or 5 more years of good football in him, I have no doubt, he's as tough as they come and more competitive than any other, he'll be fine, but right now he isn't playing well.

Pappy
    Ben was the ONLY qb in the Pro Bowl to take a sack. Oh.... behind an ALL PRO LINE AND NO BLITZ RULE. Next excuse?

Backup

User Info Menu

Charlie would get just as much love if he had Ben's success. Hometown boy is only the second QB in team history with a ring and gets 2?
    Look at my last post.

20/17 really dude. Are you insane?

Charlie would? Prove it. I guarantee that after a bad game he got killed. Ill prove it tonight.

Yeah 20 and 17 is what I expect from Byron Leftwich Kordell Stewart and Charlie Batch not from Ben Roethlisberger

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I've been on this board for a few years, plenty of the posters have criticized Ben, his play and hit attitude. Not sure where all the vitriol is coming from. Ben has 2 rings in three appearances, he is without question the best QB in Steeler history not named Bradshaw and like TB, he's had some absolutely awful games. When we drafted him in 2004 and someone told us he'd get us #5 and #6, we would have all wet ourselves in excitement.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.