Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Margus Hunt Anyone?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Margus Hunt Anyone?

This DE from SMU goes about 6'8" and ran a 4.6 at the combine. A guy with that kind of athleticism and range could be a ball-batting machine
    and a real difference-maker right from the start. Pus, he got 38 reps with 225 which says something about his work ethic.

Opinions?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Too many other needs. Hood, Kiesel and Heyward can hold down the fort

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Too many other needs. Hood, Kiesel and Heyward can hold down the fort
    Yeah, I wish we were in the position to consider a guy like Hunt but we've already hitched our wagon to the ham & eggers listed by steelerkeylargo.

Starter

User Info Menu

He is a very interesting guy but with his age and 'rawness' I wouldn't draft him before the 4th round. But I think he will be gone by then.
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

Actually.... both Keisel & Hood become UFA's next season. The future is not as set in stone as some might believe.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Yeah, I wish we were in the position to consider a guy like Hunt but we've already hitched our wagon to the ham & eggers listed by steelerkeylargo.
    Because there is no way a workout warrior could ever become a "ham and egger"...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For Hunt to put up 38 reps of 225 with those long arms is insane. If he can learn to use his hands quickly, with that wingspan, strength, and speed, he could be one hell of a pass rusher. Put him at OLB. Imagine him and Keisel both coming off the edge at you.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/39696-Margus-Hunt-DE-SMU?highlight=margus+hunt[/url]
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hunt is an interesting prospect, but isn't he 26 or 28 years old? For a raw player that age, I would pass because the cost to get him will likely be too high.

Legend

User Info Menu

His Mom spelled his name with a G instead of a C, so I'd stay away from him. Not that I can spell either. I guess I could be his dad.