Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New PS guys.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

New PS guys.

So I see the Steelers added 3. T Joe Long (Jake's Brother), G Justin Cheadle, WR Bert Reed. I like the Joe Long signing. Might be a guy who could be coached up and just need some time to grow. Also the Steelers don't mind if a college tackle becomes a NFL guard.
    Hate losing the guys who already had a camp with the Steelers but maybe one of theses guys works out better.

Legend

User Info Menu

Does anyone know who is on our practice squad now including the above three?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Here's the current Practice Squad list, Pappy...

Batch, Baron RB 5-10 210
    Cheadle, Justin OG 6-2 290
    Cromartie-Smith, Damon S 6-2 210
    Long, Joe T 6-5 304
    McFadden, Marshall LB 6-1 233
    Moye, Derek WR 6-5 210
    Reed, Bert WR 5-10 180
    Ta'amu, Alameda NT 6-3 348
    Victorian, Josh DB 5-10 190

I had Joe Long in my pre-draft mock as a 7th round pick. Glad to see that we were able to add Baron Batch to the P.S. as well.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm still happy that Ta'amu is on there as well; hopefully, he can put his indiscretions behind him and move forward.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

PS guys are unlikely to be much help now or in the future. If we draft in the mid-teens like many of us think then we should be able to get a really good OT. I really thought we turned the corner on the OL but that has proven to be a false assumption. We still need more talent injected there.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Here's the current Practice Squad list, Pappy...

Batch, Baron RB 5-10 210
    Cheadle, Justin OG 6-2 290
    Cromartie-Smith, Damon S 6-2 210
    Long, Joe T 6-5 304
    McFadden, Marshall LB 6-1 233
    Moye, Derek WR 6-5 210
    Reed, Bert WR 5-10 180
    Ta'amu, Alameda NT 6-3 348
    Victorian, Josh DB 5-10 190
    Josh Victorian was waived and is no longer on our practice squad.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Josh Victorian was waived and is no longer on our practice squad.
    Good call. Those 9 guys were listed on the Steelers site earlier today, but the P.S. can only hold 8 guys. Their site has since been updated. Apparently Victorian was let go in order to bring in Reed. Long takes over the slot made available when Jacksonville claimed Clemons. Cheadle takes over the slot made available when we promoted Malecki.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here are the new guys:

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I'm still happy that Ta'amu is on there as well; hopefully, he can put his indiscretions behind him and move forward.

Pappy
    I'm still going to hold out hope on this one. He appears to have the size and strength - if he can figure out the rest, he still has potential.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'm still going to hold out hope on this one. He appears to have the size and strength - if he can figure out the rest, he still has potential.
    Steelers need this to be a hit, or they'll be forced into drafting a NT this year again.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S