Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison's Agent Would Welcome Call from Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I still want him back in black and gold. I haven't had my fill of James Harrison as a Steeler. I know it isn't happening and I'll just have the memories of James Harrison on the field and the 5 or 6 years in which he was the most dominant defensive player in the game. I am not looking forward to seeing how the right side of the defense plays without James.

Pappy
    I agree with you completely.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I still want him back in black and gold. I haven't had my fill of James Harrison as a Steeler. I know it isn't happening and I'll just have the memories of James Harrison on the field and the 5 or 6 years in which he was the most dominant defensive player in the game. I am not looking forward to seeing how the right side of the defense plays without James.

Pappy
    so do I Pap...

This D NEEDS an enforcer.. a bully.. a demon.

Backup

User Info Menu

No it doesn't. It needs innovation, aggressiveness, and be put in position to make plays.

Enough of the romanticized crap.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As I said before, somtimes I'm happy James is gone and sometimes I think he can still get the job done providing he is healthy. I know we need to see who the next man up is and to see if the new guy can handle the job or draft or sign the next great linebacker if our current guy can't handle the job. With that, it's hard to let go of James and all that he did and what he could possibly do.
    I guess the Steelers let go of him for us.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think back to the Steelers signing Max Starks after letting him go, a couple of times. May be apples to oranges, but I think this could happen with James this year. Wouldn't surprise me that he is one injury away from a contract here, and Woodley and Worilds have been far from iron men.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I think back to the Steelers signing Max Starks after letting him go, a couple of times. May be apples to oranges, but I think this could happen with James this year. Wouldn't surprise me that he is one injury away from a contract here, and Woodley and Worilds have been far from iron men.
    What a story that would be, it would make "Cinderella" look like a hard-luck story!!

"James Harrison, after being cut for the 4th time in his career, and twice by the Steelers, is called from couch in desperation after Wood tweaks hamstring for 3rd time this season. Harrison, playing with a fury that seemed transported from a time thought gone forever, makes Pro-Bowl, Steelers defensive effort propels them to playoffs, and Ring #7 is now only 1 GAME AWAY!!!!! ...".

Woo-hoooo!

"I Can Dream, Can't I".

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    No it doesn't. It needs innovation, aggressiveness, and be put in position to make plays.

All of the innovation and aggressiveness in the world doesn't make up for the drop off from Harrison to Worilds.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s View Post
    All of the innovation and aggressiveness in the world doesn't make up for the drop off from Harrison to Worilds.
    Amen to that brother Blacknblue.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post

The defense has been in position to make plays for most of the last two seasons...

With the exception of Timmons and Clark (and Woodley for the first half of 2011) the players haven't made them...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    What a story that would be, it would make "Cinderella" look like a hard-luck story!!

"James Harrison, after being cut for the 4th time in his career, and twice by the Steelers, is called from couch in desperation after Wood tweaks hamstring for 3rd time this season. Harrison, playing with a fury that seemed transported from a time thought gone forever, makes Pro-Bowl, Steelers defensive effort propels them to playoffs, and Ring #7 is now only 1 GAME AWAY!!!!! ...".

Woo-hoooo!

"I Can Dream, Can't I".
    Yeah, that would be a story worth dreaming.