Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ray "The Ripper" Lewis on ESPN - need to vent and get this off my chest

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Some of us are angry, not because of who he is, but what he represents. The gap in society grows larger every day. The almighty dollar cures all ills. Justice wasn't served. Two men, regardless of the content of their character, were murdered and one of the people responsible walks away and is celebrated by the media.
    I think we generally get angry because of who we are. It never has anything to do with Ray or anyone else for that matter. Anger is an internal issue and it generally only impacts ourselves. Its so easy to get angry, but it's one of the silliest responses we have in our arsenal. It's like punching ourselves in the face.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    You mean these two precious,gentle, humans?
    Richard Lollar, 24, and Jacinth Baker, 21. Both had records — Lollar for possession of marijuana, while Baker was wanted for violating probation on gun possession
    Oh no! That guy was arrested for having THE DEVIL WEED!!!

Seriously, wtf does that have to do with anything?
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    Oh no! That guy was arrested for having THE DEVIL WEED!!!

Seriously, wtf does that have to do with anything?
    well it obviously means that he deserved to die. Round up the posse!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yeehaw!!! I'll bring the beer!

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I know it's not popular to say, but Lewis is not a murderer and the fact is he was not going to be charged with the crime. The Atlanta DA was a fool trying to make a name for himself and went after the famous person even though the facts did not support doing so.

I have lived in Atlanta for a long time. I personally had a discussion with one of the lead investigators in the case. The police literally begged the DA not to charge Ray. He was fully cooperating and the cops did not feel he had been the killer. It was only after the DA went public, against police advice, that Lewis stopped helping and told the DA to go screw himself. He took the misdemeanor charge to get it over with. Made sense to do it, much like Ben settling his case.

The DA eventually charged 2 other guys - both found not guilty because the DA botched the case so badly. No one has ever been charged. And the guys who were shot were not angels and were actively participating and escalating the brawl that ended their lives. Did they deserve to die? No, but they certainly willingly put themselves in a bad situation that one could have easily foreseen was going to have bad consequences.
    Could very likely be true, what do I know about it. But I do know he was close enough to that situation to be implicated. That was a serious enough offense to land Ben in some real hot water...just for tarnishing the image of the NFL. For some reason, RayRay got his image washed by the media machine and now he is a Prime Time representative.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    Yeehaw!!! I'll bring the beer!

Ridin'on toward Rock Ridge. Best get a ----load of nickles, boys.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I know it's not popular to say, but Lewis is not a murderer and the fact is he was not going to be charged with the crime. The Atlanta DA was a fool trying to make a name for himself and went after the famous person even though the facts did not support doing so.

I have lived in Atlanta for a long time. I personally had a discussion with one of the lead investigators in the case. The police literally begged the DA not to charge Ray. He was fully cooperating and the cops did not feel he had been the killer. It was only after the DA went public, against police advice, that Lewis stopped helping and told the DA to go screw himself. He took the misdemeanor charge to get it over with. Made sense to do it, much like Ben settling his case.

The DA eventually charged 2 other guys - both found not guilty because the DA botched the case so badly. No one has ever been charged. And the guys who were shot were not angels and were actively participating and escalating the brawl that ended their lives. Did they deserve to die? No, but they certainly willingly put themselves in a bad situation that one could have easily foreseen was going to have bad consequences.
    Thanks but you know this is uselss information to the pitchfork crowd.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Could very likely be true, what do I know about it. But I do know he was close enough to that situation to be implicated. That was a serious enough offense to land Ben in some real hot water...just for tarnishing the image of the NFL. For some reason, RayRay got his image washed by the media machine and now he is a Prime Time representative.

Time has a way of healing most wounds... if Ben stays out of trouble and has a desire to be on NFLN or ESPN he will be met with open arms.

These networks are a frat for athletes... they build you up, tear you down, then give you a job as a thank you for helping them boost ratings.

Backup

User Info Menu

Some of us are angry, not because of who he is, but what he represents. The gap in society grows larger every day. The almighty dollar cures all ills. Justice wasn't served. Two men, regardless of the content of their character, were murdered and one of the people responsible walks away and is celebrated by the media.
    Thank you for this succinct and eloquent post. A person that gets it...

IF Lewis didn't actually do the killing and that is a big IF that only he and the other dirt bags in his limo know... And BTW the fact is that he didn't cooperate as someone from Atlanta has posted... That is why he was charged with obstruction of justice... He fully knew the whole sequence of events and refused to help.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agreed that those charges don't mean jack. But if these guys were true scumbags...if they continuously and habitually violated the rights of others, then I have zero problem with their deaths. I don't know, so I can't say, but I hate scumbags with a passion. Dexter is my hero.