Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones Demoted

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    we will agree to disagree, flip

jones can use every rep he can get, IMO

worilds gives us nothing going forward
    i can see both sides of it - just speaking of JJ and taking worilds out of the equation. worilds could be anyone as far as JJ is concerned here and I'd see both sides of it.

really the only rookie on D that hasn't looked a little overwhelmed by the transition to the NFL thus far has been Shark imho. he's the guy I'd like to really see get more reps as a starter as the season progresses.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is a bit discouraging, any way you look at it. Part of the reason he was rated as high as he was... and much of the reason so many pundits slotted him to us, is because he was considered so plug-and-play ready: He played a stand-up 3-4 OLB, pro scheme for a major SEC power. He was supposed to be better prepared than most.

So to see him a) not produce to this point, and b) get demoted... doesn't warm your insides as a Steeler fan.

Legend

User Info Menu

Shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic..............

whereas the Steelers have been known for patience and consistency, they now have abandoned all concept of long term development.........

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    This is a bit discouraging, any way you look at it. Part of the reason he was rated as high as he was... and much of the reason so many pundits slotted him to us, is because he was considered so plug-and-play ready: He played a stand-up 3-4 OLB, pro scheme for a major SEC power. He was supposed to be better prepared than most.

So to see him a) not produce to this point, and b) get demoted... doesn't warm your insides as a Steeler fan.
    This guy actually started for the Steelers within the first 1/4 of the season. Did Troy or Timmons? How about Hood or Heyward? The fact that he is even in the mix says a lot to me. Besides, the season isn't even half over yet.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    This guy actually started for the Steelers within the first 1/4 of the season. Did Troy or Timmons? How about Hood or Heyward? The fact that he is even in the mix says a lot to me. Besides, the season isn't even half over yet.
    You're acting like he seized the job. Worilds was uninspiring too, and so they thought they'd give their prize rookie a sniff.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My question about Jones has more to do with whether the coaching staff can develop him into what his potentials indicate he could become. The track record for this Tomlin-led coaching staff for developing players is below the line, IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I can see why, but dont agree with it.

worilds is a bum and always has been no matter how he has been propped up by some here.

at this point in a meaningless season, the coaching staff should be getting JJ as many reps as possible, as it will only help him going forward.
    I'm with Eddie. Woirlds is nothing more than a failed project, drafted when there was much better talent on the board.

We have seen what they have. Here's a novel idea - how about they coach up the rookie and get him ready for next year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We saw Sunday one of the reasons rookies have trouble seeing the field in DL defense. JJ's lack of discipline hurt the Steelers D on several occasions. Just like Woodley on the first play but it didn't happen again...And that is the difference. It happened numerous times to JJ. Worilds was assignment strong when he came in. This isn't a question about "who is the future...who helps us going forward...who was a failed pick" Worilds deserves the start now. This doesn't discount JJ's abilities...He just needs to get it & do it better. Not a big deal boys...JJ will still get his reps & more than likely overtake Worilds at some point before the end of the season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That's the $100,000 question. Why can these young guys start and do well on other teams but not us? I have my opinions, but lets make excuses anyway.
    I agree!!! Management and Coaching ...Fire them all ....clean house....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    We saw Sunday one of the reasons rookies have trouble seeing the field in DL defense. JJ's lack of discipline hurt the Steelers D on several occasions. Just like Woodley on the first play but it didn't happen again...And that is the difference. It happened numerous times to JJ. Worilds was assignment strong when he came in. This isn't a question about "who is the future...who helps us going forward...who was a failed pick" Worilds deserves the start now. This doesn't discount JJ's abilities...He just needs to get it & do it better. Not a big deal boys...JJ will still get his reps & more than likely overtake Worilds at some point before the end of the season.
    OMG- who do you think you are to come into this thread and post with common sense?