Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers: Landry Jones Future Franchise Quarterback

Rookie

User Info Menu

The dude is a 4th round pick...if he has to come in at any point over the next three years and can win a game, it's a successful pick...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I wish we would have gone Thomas, back to back, in the fourth round. I have not been too excited about what I've heard on Jones in camp. Hopefully some of you guys will be right and he will start to pick things up but hearing his mechanics are all screwed up is rather depressing.
    He's one of the top passers in college football history. Pretty certain his mechanics can be fixed.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully Landry Jones can be more successful 4th round developmental QB prospect than Dennis Dixon was a 5th round developmental QB prospect.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The dude is a 4th round pick...if he has to come in at any point over the next three years and can win a game, it's a successful pick...
    we have gradkowski signed for two years, I think. There was no reason to take jones there to MAYBE start a game in 2-3 years if ben gets hurt.

I would much rather have a ballhawking FS like phillip thomas or bacarri rambo learning the ropes, or an OG/OT prospect to boost the terrible depth we have there.

jones was a terrible pick, IMO, even if he starts a handful of games in the next 3 years. We could have netted a starter there. Back up QBs are a dime a dozen.

Rookie

User Info Menu

We had terrible depth at the QB position...the most important position on the team...

If we still had Leftwich or Batch, people would complain about that...

He was a value pick in the 4th...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Patience. Give him a chance to develop.

Legend

User Info Menu

But he holds the ball too long

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

give me a break. Batch was awful and he beat the champs in their back yard.

backup QB is a fungible position. To waste a 4th round pick with the depth this team has was criminal.

you had gradkowski under contract. We needed a backup to the backup more than a FS or OL help? Nope, not buying that.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Is a 4th round unknown going to be better than known commodities Robert Golden or Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith?

Is a 4th round unknown going to be better than known commodities Malecki or Beachum?

Jones was still a value pick in round 4...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't see a single known commodity in your list.