Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bubble screens, Dink and Dunk - worked great?

Legend

User Info Menu

Bubble screens, Dink and Dunk - worked great?

I gotta admit, it got the ball out of Ben's hands pretty quickly. We even made completions during jail-break, all-out blitzes.

Then it seemed to me we were able to make longer plays as the Jets seemed to compensate and back off into coverage.

This was against a D-line the announcers were saying at the start of the game was pretty good.

Game plan as drawn up ... pretty good?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There are times when it is great, but don't make the offense about it when you have Ben as QB.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Love the win but it royally pi$$es me off that Bicknell, Haley, and Tomlin have such little faith in the capabilities of the O-line that they can't punch it into the endzone with 1st and goal on the 2. The 2!! They have to resort to a reverse, possible pass by the WR to trick their way into a TD. If Ben doesn't complete a long pass, the Sanders TD catch for example, this O sucks balls inside the red zone.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Love the win but it royally pi$$es me off that Bicknell, Haley, and Tomlin have such little faith in the capabilities of the O-line that they can't punch it into the endzone with 1st and goal on the 2. The 2!! They have to resort to a reverse, possible pass by the WR to trick their way into a TD. If Ben doesn't complete a long pass, the Sanders TD catch for example, this O sucks balls inside the red zone.
    Wasn't that the complaint when BA was here too? The O could move the ball between the 20's, but wasn't able to punch it in?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Wasn't that the complaint when BA was here too? The O could move the ball between the 20's, but wasn't able to punch it in?
    Absolutely. They were atrocious with BA in the red zone (in the 40's, percentage wise). I think it's one of the reasons they didn't see an issue with letting him go. Unfortunately, nothing has changed over the last season and a quarter. They are still mind-numbingly awful when they get in close. How do they not address this all off-season, training camp, and week in and out to come up with some set of plays that can get a TD when they get a 1st down inside the 10. Counting on the other team's QB to throw 2 interceptions inside the red zone is a losing strategy.

Suisham was awesome again yesterday (Team MVP so far) but at some point, possibly multiple games, kicking 4 FGs is going to lead to a loss because they needed to be scoring TDs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers were able to get the long ball to Sanders and some other passes because of a small semblance of a running game. Play action only works if the line is doing it's job and they have to respect the run. Then bam everyone bit on the run and Sanders runs free. You can thank LeVeon Bell and the oline (finally) for that one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Also the guy covering him was a crip, couldn't run worth cr*p. Was questionable as to whether he should have played, I'd say the Jests made the right call (from our point of view!).

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah, I thought that as well.

Oh, well. We'll take it

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    And you actually have faith they could punch it in?? I think you are in the minority if you believe so.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hopefully Ben understands that when he executes Haley's offense it can work. He started to get in a rhythm hitting those short passes which caused the Jets to back off and that opened up the deeper stuff. We still look sick in the red zone. Why we don't just throw it to some of our bigger receivers I'll never know. Trick plays don't cut it in that area.

One question ... how is it possible for our linemen in short yardage situations to completely wiff on trying to block the guy lined up directly across from them? It seems like at least one of our linemen does it weekly.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!