Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That was the worst our offense looked since a 15-6 loss to Philly in week 3 of 2008.

Banned

User Info Menu

All about money. Look at the QB money being thrown around.

You think Art wants to pay that? I don't. And to be honest in this offense? He'd be a fool to do it.

So he sabotages Ben's career, makes him out to be the bad guy when he snaps, and saves millions doing it.

Short term pain, for long term gain.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianCrash View Post
    There's an 18 year waiting list for tickets. Do you really think those people given the chance aren't going to take them when offered?

If the 1980's didn't back out Steelers games, a post Ben era rebuilding job won't either.

Leave me alone mods, I'm running out of nationalities and we have good discussions going.
    Gotta say THAT is funny

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Banned

User Info Menu

Thanks. Or like I said, go somewhere else.

<-----------------------------

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GermanCrash View Post
    All about money. Look at the QB money being thrown around.

You think Art wants to pay that? I don't. And to be honest in this offense? He'd be a fool to do it.
    The offense YOU HATED under BC for the same reasons won us a SB. Paying big buck seems like a GREAT investment if THAT is the goal rather than making Ben the FANTASY FOOTBALL star you want.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Interesting line of reasoning, SilesianCrash
    See there Crash, you can go with cities once you run out of countries. It will keep you alive for many months.

TCFCLTC-

Banned

User Info Menu

The offense YOU HATED under BC for the same reasons won us a SB.
    Haley's isn't that offense. And you need to learn context and actually watch games.

And truth be told? If you like COWHER'S 2005 offense? You don't want balance.

Because that offense didn't have balance. It just favored the side of offense YOU prefer, the run game.

The Texans were down 28-7 with 20 minutes left in the game last night.

If YOU were their OC? You'd still be running the ball for "balance".

Banned

User Info Menu

The offense YOU HATED under BC for the same reasons won us a SB. Paying big buck seems like a GREAT investment if THAT is the goal rather than making Ben the FANTASY FOOTBALL star you want.
    Nope, the fantasy owners are the ones who are only concerned where the defense ranks.

What I hated about the Cowher offense with Ben is he would play a solid game, we turtle, the defense gives up the lead, then Ben saves them late.

Why turtle? Why not just kick their ass when you have them beaten? When Cowher's on CBS talking about how teams weren't aggressive and didn't "put a team away" I could reach through the screen and choke him. Because he was the King of it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GermanCrash View Post
    Nope, the fantasy owners are the ones who are only concerned where the defense ranks.

What I hated about the Cowher offense with Ben is he would play a solid game, we turtle, the defense gives up the lead, then Ben saves them late.

Why turtle? Why not just kick their ass when you have them beaten? When Cowher's on CBS talking about how teams weren't aggressive and didn't "put a team away" I could reach through the screen and choke him. Because he was the King of it.
    The German word for turtle is "Schottenviper" (look it up), and Cowher learned under Marty Schottenheimer at KC.

I thought that was pretty obvious.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Banned

User Info Menu

Oh Good Lord....LOL

Legend

User Info Menu

Haley's isn't that offense. And you need to learn context and actually watch games.
    True dat is. Haleys offense is FAR more like Arians than either BC OR "1976".

And truth be told? If you like COWHER'S 2005 offense? You don't want balance.
    Truth be told, I must admit that was a little run heavy. Frankly my favorite all time run pass ratio was Arians first season as OC. I really believe our offense was never better. I really liked Arians back then and had not a bad word to say about him.

What was great is that BOTH the run game and pass game was clicking. And Arians called a balanced game. It was unpredictable. Ben had MORE touchdowns despite throwing FAR FEWER passes than in recent years.

I honestly do "understand" why it would be foolish to try too force the run when it aint working. My issue is criticism of the DESIRE for balance manifested in drafting interior linemen and running backs and the PREFERENCE of a pass centric offense.

Using your Elway example THAT mix of Elway AND Davis, THAT is my ideal offense to strive for. I do NOT want to rely on one guy for a 5000 yard passing season.

Look at Baltimore....every playoff game, somewhere around 30-35 rushes and 30-35 passes. Perfect. Always had to fear the run which made Flacco unstoppable. Put Ben, Manning, Brady, Rogers, of Baltimore a few years ago and THAT team would have been a dynasty.

TCFCLTC-