Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Robinson traded to Eagles for Felix Jones

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What if the Steelers just stumbled across an opportunity to snatch up a playmaker? A guy who has averaged 4.8 ypc over his career? A guy who can catch? With injuries at key offensive positions and the loss of Wallace, maybe just maybe Haley wants to get creative, while also having some additional protection against RB injury...a guy who can return balls as well.

I'm not sure what kinds of OL schemes he ran behind but its possible Jones excels at running behind zone blocking schemes and the Steelers were salivating over the possibility of getting the former first round draft pick.
    This certainly is not unreasonable, plus dude is fast. At whos expense does he make the roster though?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    What is "a guy like AR" exactly? The guy wasn't going to make the team this year. This is from Dale Lolley's twitter feed earlier today.

Oh so because some guy tweeted that, that means Jones won't make the team ? Maybe AR would not make our team, but that isn't the point. The point is, as far as we all know, we have more then enough RB's to fill in no matter how long Bell is going to be out. By bringing in another RB...A Vet, all you do is risk alienating the RB's we do have. RB's who have worked their Butts off and Bled all through Camp. Why risk that for a positional player who basically has been a average player at best, and who is considered a Bust as a draft pick considering he was a 1st rounder. We have Howling, the EXACT same type of player Felix Jones is IF he is Healthy, and that's a streatch right there. So I agree with Steel Crazy that there HAS to be more here then what is being told.

BTW, Mike Tomlin has already said that Redman will be the starting RB in the all but Important 3rd preseason game IF HEALTHY. I find that strange in and of itself. Cause Dwyer has clearly been our best RB, and certainly better then Redman.
    So maybe the team is either considering trading a player like Dwyer. Or that Howling is Injured worse then what we know. Or that Tomlin thinks that Bell will be out alot longer then was said yesterday.

One of those HAVE to be true. Otherwise whether AR was expendable or not, trading for a positional player we do NOT need is Insulting to the guys we already have here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    What is "a guy like AR" exactly? The guy wasn't going to make the team this year. This is from Dale Lolley's twitter feed earlier today.

Excuse me while I kneel at Lolley's feet.........It makes little sense
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Oh so because some guy tweeted that, that means Jones won't make the team ? Maybe AR would not make our team, but that isn't the point. The point is, as far as we all know, we have more then enough RB's to fill in no matter how long Bell is going to be out. By bringing in another RB...A Vet, all you do is risk alienating the RB's we do have. RB's who have worked their Butts off and Bled all through Camp. Why risk that for a positional player who basically has been a average player at best, and who is considered a Bust as a draft pick considering he was a 1st rounder. We have Howling, the EXACT same type of player Felix Jones is IF he is Healthy, and that's a streatch right there. So I agree with Steel Crazy that there HAS to be more here then what is being told.

BTW, Mike Tomlin has already said that Redman will be the starting RB in the all but Important 3rd preseason game IF HEALTHY. I find that strange in and of itself. Cause Dwyer has clearly been our best RB, and certainly better then Redman.
    So maybe the team is either considering trading a player like Dwyer. Or that Howling is Injured worse then what we know. Or that Tomlin thinks that Bell will be out alot longer then was said yesterday.

One of those HAVE to be true. Otherwise whether AR was expendable or not, trading for a positional player we do NOT need is Insulting to the guys we already have here.
    Boohoo! Boohoo!

F Dwyer and Redman's feelings. The Steelers finally realized their depth at RB after Le'Veon Bell sucks, so they made a low-risk, potential high-reward move. The feelings of any other players don't factor into it, nor should they.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Boohoo! Boohoo!

F Dwyer and Redman's feelings. The Steelers finally realized their depth at RB after Le'Veon Bell sucks, so they made a low-risk, potential high-reward move. The feelings of any other players don't factor into it, nor should they.
    I agree completely...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Via KFFL: Well this now might explain the move. I didn't know this til I just now read it.

Steelers | LaRod Stephens-Howling could sit out preseason
    Fri, 23 Aug 2013 13:47:38 -0700
    Pittsburgh Steelers RB LaRod Stephens-Howling (knee) could miss the last two preseason games because of a mild sprain of his medial collateral ligament

Read more: [url]http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2cpZ3oC56[/url]

Steelers | More on Le'Veon Bell's injury
    Fri, 23 Aug 2013 13:42:01 -0700
    Updating previous reports, Pittsburgh Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell (foot) has a small ligament tear in his right foot and is expected to miss as much as six weeks.

Read more: [url]http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2cpZC6EW6[/url]

Well now, that might explain why we got Jones.

Backup

User Info Menu

Via KFFL: Well this now might explain the move. I didn't know this til I just now read it.

Steelers | LaRod Stephens-Howling could sit out preseason
    Fri, 23 Aug 2013 13:47:38 -0700
    Pittsburgh Steelers RB LaRod Stephens-Howling (knee) could miss the last two preseason games because of a mild sprain of his medial collateral ligament

Read more: [url]http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2cpZ3oC56[/url]

Steelers | More on Le'Veon Bell's injury
    Fri, 23 Aug 2013 13:42:01 -0700
    Updating previous reports, Pittsburgh Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell (foot) has a small ligament tear in his right foot and is expected to miss as much as six weeks.

Read more: [url]http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2cpZC6EW6[/url]

Well now, that might explain why we got Jones.
    You're only 3 days late....

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    You're only 3 days late....

No. The initial reports were Bell had NO tear whatsoever in his foot. And that it was NOT...in any way a Lisfranc type Injury. And Tomlin said yesterday that Howlings would be back at practice today...wrong, he was not. So something has obviously changed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

First off, Dwyer has never seen 265 in his life. And second, he weighed in at Camp at 224 Lbs, And reportedly ran in the low 4,4's in the forty. And regardless of what they might THINK...that has nothing to do with getting a former 1st round RB who has failed, and is not a durable RB at any point in his career. So your response points are ridiculous.
    So Bouchette is a liar? I'll take his word over yours.

Perhaps those 265 pounds Dwyer lugged into spring practices, stunning his coaches, were a reason.

Read more: [url]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-and-dwyer-still-intend-to-make-a-run-at-it-699868/#ixzz2cpdxSGEi[/url]
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Thanks Dad!
    You win the Patience of Job Award, Flip.