Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben and Offense in Trouble on Sunday?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I feel like we don't usually have a good go vs. Philly. I know we have one a few in recent years, but I also recall Ben getting slobber knockered in Philly a few years back, with Lefty having to come into the game. We also lost to them when they successfully did an on side kick in Pgh. I know we also creamed them in 2000 and ?
    Yeah, that was in 08. Ben was sacked 9 times and knocked out of the game. Leftwich came in and we looked like a new team. He consistently beat Jimmy Johnsons blitz and he had to stop blitzing. If Nate doesnt drop that TD pass thrown by Leftwich we have a chance in that game. Another evidence that you dont need a good line, just a good MIND.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk4L4P_Y0Bw[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Same defense that gave up 30+ in a loss to the Raiders? Get a clue and check last weekends full NFL scoreboard and count the games that the winner put up 30+. Welcome to today's NFL. The days of getting a 10 point lead and taking the air out of the ball are over.
    Same defense thats been in the top 5 more times than not in the last 10 YEARS. So based on ONE game, I need to get a clue? NO TEAM runs the no huddle all game.

YOU GET A CLUE

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Yeah, that was in 08. Ben was sacked 9 times and knocked out of the game. Leftwich came in and we looked like a new team. He consistently beat Jimmy Johnsons blitz and he had to stop blitzing. If Nate doesnt drop that TD pass thrown by Leftwich we have a chance in that game. Another evidence that you dont need a good line, just a good MIND.
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk4L4P_Y0Bw[/URL]
    Nate said later in an interview that leftwich's delivery threw him off. Abnormal rotation He said if it were from a real Qb.....TD.
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Except Ben wasn't sacked nine times in the game...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by virgilbosetti View Post
    Nate said later in an interview that leftwich's delivery threw him off. Abnormal rotation He said if it were from a real Qb.....TD.
    Please provide Link

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Except Ben wasn't sacked nine times in the game...
    8 times and many turnovers. Semantics. I got confused. The 9 was against the Browns. My bad

Backup

User Info Menu

Please provide Link
    ..........No
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers get ready for hard offensive challenge

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown celebrates after taking a hit for a first down during the fourth quarter against the Jets Sunday September 16, 2012 at Heinz Field.

Career interceptions by Eagles defensive backs: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie 16, Nnamdi Asomugha 14, Kurt Coleman 7, Nate Allen 5, Colt Anderson 0, Brandon Boykin 0, Brandon Hughes 0, Curtis Marsh 0, David Sims 0.

Career touchdown catches by Steelers wide receivers: Mike Wallace 27, Jerricho Cotchery 20, Emmanuel Sanders 4, Antonio Brown 3.

By Alan Robinson
    Published: Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Steelers’ wide receivers are hoping Halloween arrives a little early.

Trick or treat bags in hand, they apparently can’t wait for Eagles rookie nickel back Brandon Boykin to open the candy drawer and start passing out goodies. Especially touchdowns.

With the Steelers’ passing game producing at a record level through three games — Ben Roethlisberger is the NFL’s No. 2-ranked quarterback — wide receivers Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders face a challenging matchup Sunday in Eagles cornerbacks Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

Asomugha is 6-foot-2, 210 pounds and, to Wallace, might be the NFL’s best active cornerback now that Darrelle Revis of the Jets is hurt. Rodgers-Cromartie, who already has three interceptions, is 6-2 and 180. Asomugha and Rodgers-Cromartie use their size to their advantage by pressing receivers at the line of scrimmage.

“They’re really athletic guys,” Wallace said. “They get after it every game, so you’ve got to keep your head on a swivel and just be ready.”

But it is Boykin who appears to offer the best opportunity for targeting by a deep and productive receiving corps. At 5-9, 182, he isn’t as physically imposing as Asomugha and Rodgers-Cromartie, and the fourth-round pick from Georgia nicknamed “Bam” has played only four NFL games.

Brown is already circling Boykin’s name, memorizing his No. 22.

“I don’t know where ‘The Candy Bar’ came from,” Brown said when asked about his confectionary-sweet description of the rookie.

“They’ve got two Pro Bowl-productive corners, so we’re looking for some opportunities.”

Boykin appears to offer the most tantalizing matchup for Roethlisberger, who averages 301.3 yards per game passing. But since Asomugha and Rodgers-Cromartie are more likely to cover Wallace and Brown, slot receiver Sanders could draw Boykin.

Sanders seems as confident as Brown that there is yardage to be gained against the Eagles (3-1), no matter how many Pro Bowlers man their secondary.

“He’s a rookie, he’s finding his own, he’s playing football to the best of his ability,” Sanders said of Boykin, not exactly flattering him with praise.

Boykin has been targeted 20 times, allowing nine catches for 103 yards.

“This game is about mismatches, and that’s what it is,” Sanders said. “Right now, honestly, all across the board matchup-wise, Mike can definitely take Nnamdi Asomugha. We definitely could take any one of their corners. It’s all about finding the right matchup for the defensive scheme they’re playing.”

During the Eagles’ 19-17 win Sunday over the Giants, Boykin sometimes lined up against elite receiver Victor Cruz. The result? “The Giants threw the ball to Victor Cruz,” Sanders said.

The more-experienced Wallace isn’t talking as confidently as Brown and Sanders about finding weaknesses in the Eagles’ defense.

“(Boykin) is getting better every week,” Wallace said. “I’ve seen him make some plays on tape, I’ve seen him do well. I think he has some potential. He’s inexperienced, but he’s not going to let us go out there and make plays all over the field. He’s going to be ready to play. But at the same token we’re going to be ready, too.”

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2719219-85/boykin-brown-sanders-wallace-eagles-asomugha-steelers-cromartie-rodgers-game#ixzz28OX154il[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Yeah, I remember that game. That was a real clunker on the Steelers part. But, as things turned out that ended up being a pretty good year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It isn't about our receivers. It is about our pass protection. Philly has some very talented pass rushers.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.