Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: tOSU fan board members - What say you?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Dub's draft analysis is all sensation. I'm not that high on the pick but it's a position of need. I preferred Mosley but it looks like we don't trust Bama players.
    Yeah Mosley right now is the better player. He will be a good pro. Shazier has a higher ceiling than Mosley...no doubt...but is less ready to play. With all of that said, he very could beat out Williams and get PT this year.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ugh...ok you win. Dee Dub even though you rarely watch the Buckeyes...you know all. Thank you for your wise analysis of stats you didn't see happen. No one every said the guy doesn't make plays. I question how his game translates to the NFL. Seriously, you have a pretty poor history with draft analysis. What makes you an expert on a player you have little to no exposure to?
    Calm down Shawn. This is really necessary. I would say I watch at least half of Ohio States games every year. Not sure why or where you get me not seeing them play from?? Do you own the market on watching OSU play? I have ESPN game plan every year. Between watching live and DVR'ing them, I watch about 20 games a week, easy.

How is game translate to the NFL to me is based on where the game has gone the past several years. The read-option QB's, all the rules changes that help the passing game, being able to contain these read-option QB's, etc.,

Ryan Shazier has tremendous closing speed. I get the feeling he is going to blow up in the NFL. LeBeau will use him all around the LOS and the box, like he does with Troy. And as Troy fades into the sunset, I can see Shazier being used more and more like this.

Funny thing is, three years ago when Shazier was a freshman, I started a thread about him here. You were in that thread supporting nearly everything I said about him. But ok, I get it. You feel attacked so you respond like this.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ugh...ok you win. Dee Dub even though you rarely watch the Buckeyes...you know all. Thank you for your wise analysis of stats you didn't see happen. No one every said the guy doesn't make plays. I question how his game translates to the NFL. Seriously, you have a pretty poor history with draft analysis. What makes you an expert on a player you have little to no exposure to?
    Ok I found it. Here is what we both had to say about Shazier two years ago....: )

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/39217-Bookends-Dynamic-defensive-duos!!?highlight=Ryan+Shazier[/url]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I don't know a lot about the guy but I have to laugh as I read this thread. The people who aren't happy with the pick have used comparisons to Troy and Timmons to further their arguments. I'm not sure if anyone realizes this, but those two are not the comparisons I would use to support a theory of him being a bust.
    On the contrary both were called busts by the haters.....until they proved them wrong. Haters are RIGHT ON in the comparison.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Calm down Shawn. This is really necessary. I would say I watch at least half of Ohio States games every year. Not sure why or where you get me not seeing them play from?? Do you own the market on watching OSU play? I have ESPN game plan every year. Between watching live and DVR'ing them, I watch about 20 games a week, easy.

How is game translate to the NFL to me is based on where the game has gone the past several years. The read-option QB's, all the rules changes that help the passing game, being able to contain these read-option QB's, etc.,

Ryan Shazier has tremendous closing speed. I get the feeling he is going to blow up in the NFL. LeBeau will use him all around the LOS and the box, like he does with Troy. And as Troy fades into the sunset, I can see Shazier being used more and more like this.

Funny thing is, three years ago when Shazier was a freshman, I started a thread about him here. You were in that thread supporting nearly everything I said about him. But ok, I get it. You feel attacked so you respond like this.
    I have season tickets to OSU games and enjoyed watching Shazier play. I was surprised by the pick but I'm equally excited. The Steelers finally have an ILB (along with Timmons) that has flat out speed and tackles everything he sees. I will agree with Shawn on one point, Shazier need to get stronger. That will come once the Steelers coaches get their hands on him.

A position of weakness just became a strength.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok I found it. Here is what we both had to say about Shazier two years ago....: )

[URL]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/39217-Bookends-Dynamic-defensive-duos!!?highlight=Ryan+Shazier[/URL]
    Good call by you guys a couple years ago.

Legend

User Info Menu

I love Shazier the college player. He was the best player on that D. His closing speed is ridiculous. I like the way he tackles. I like his vision and his nose for the ball. There is much to like about him. I had/have concerns about him at 15...as I feel he was more of a 25-32 kind of talent. My concerns revolve around his playing weight once a season starts. Can he hang onto 235+? Can he engage a blocker physically or must he always have a clear line of sight? Can he improve his pass coverage? Can he get better in his reads? Bleacher report supports my concerns. [URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2041414-ryan-shazier-nfl-draft-2014-highlights-scouting-report-and-breakdown[/URL]
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I have season tickets to OSU games and enjoyed watching Shazier play. I was surprised by the pick but I'm equally excited. The Steelers finally have an ILB (along with Timmons) that has flat out speed and tackles everything he sees. I will agree with Shawn on one point, Shazier need to get stronger. That will come once the Steelers coaches get their hands on him.

A position of weakness just became a strength.
    I will agree the Steelers got instantly better. Shazier is a day one upgrade. The question in my mind is did we get the best ILB in the draft? Did we let the best ILB slip to the Ravens?
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just imagine things I suppose. Watch and wait....just like with Adams when I got ridiculed for my opinion. You trust stats over my eye...fair enough. He is so fast...and gifted athletically that he can make plays without physicality. He had like a 20 tackle game...and was ridiculous. But, when a G got locked on him he got pancaked. And NFL OLmen are going to engage him...they won't be impressed with his 40 time. He has to play at his combine weight or he will get wrecked...just owned. I assure you of that. If he rolls up into the season at 210-215 and wants to play ILB in the NFL...he will get punked.
    I appreciate your perspective (as a regular tOSU fan), but Adams is completely different than Shazier. You might be able to compare Roby to Adams, but not Shazier.

First of all, from accounts, Shazier is conscientious. Adams is not. Shazier is a hard-worker. Adams is not. Shazier is a leader. Adams is not. Whatever you think about Shazier, you can't compare him to Adams. That's not being fair.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I appreciate your perspective (as a regular tOSU fan), but Adams is completely different than Shazier. You might be able to compare Roby to Adams, but not Shazier.

First of all, from accounts, Shazier is conscientious. Adams is not. Shazier is a hard-worker. Adams is not. Shazier is a leader. Adams is not. Whatever you think about Shazier, you can't compare him to Adams. That's not being fair.
    I think you misread or I wasn't clear. No Shazier is nothing like Adams. Shazier is a good player...worthy of a late first round pick. I think what you will see from Shazier is him getting pushed around, swallowed up at times...then boom a crazy flash of his talent.
    Trolls are people too.