Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Sure What To Say

Legend

User Info Menu

Not Sure What To Say

I'm seriously at a loss for words. Is there anything worth discussing? I have this feeling that Tomlin/Colbert/Rooney have turned into one of us and have no clue what to do with this team.

Every last thing is wrong with this team. It's players, coaches, scouts, trainers, staff, etc are all to blame. They have about the same chance of fixing this team that you or I do.

I kinda feel like listening to Tomlin and the Steelers speak is like Charlie Brown listening to adults talk. Everything is just Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah to me.

All I know is these guys make a lot of money to play a game. So I have no choice as a fan but to trust them to figure it out and hope for 10-6. Does it make me delusional? Yup. But there doesn't seem to be any other choice than to sit back and hope for the best and try to make this all enjoyable somehow.

Legend

User Info Menu

You aren't delusional "hoping" for 10-6, but you are delusional if you think there is any chance that could possibly happen.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It starts from top-down

When the two coaches were coming together for post-game hand shake, that right there was the biggest mismatch in this game. Can anyone imagine a Bill Belichick*-led team (with a veteran QB like Ben or Brady*) being abused and embarrassed the way Tomlin's team was? And to think, we have to hear all these "expert analysts" (e.g. Deion Sanders) tout him as a premier coach.

There was a sequence today, that ended with us rushing guys onto the field (I think after yet another large gain by NE*), which highlighted the level of unpreparedness of our team today. It was as if we didn't do any prep this week!

Now also, scouting has to take a HUGE part of this, with the lack of talent in general. But again, I'm sure Tomlin has something to say about who we take.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

careful shoe

criticizing tomlin will get you branded a racist by some of the blowhards

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    careful shoe

criticizing tomlin will get you branded a racist by some of the blowhards
    I hope no one brings up the racist card. The bottom line is the team is a mess and looks ill prepared from the opening kickoff. Right or wrong, that falls on the entire coaching staff, including Tomlin. Our general lack of talent is also to blame, but that's another rant for another thread.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

it comes up here all the time

tomlin is untouchable

he coaches in a vacuum

Legend

User Info Menu

I've never seen the level of confusion, chaos and hopelessness I witnessed tonight. There were countess plays where they looked like Pee Wee players just learning the game, not sure where to be on the field. There are very few players on either side of the ball worth keeping around or who will be any more than average.

The worst, saddest part of today was knowing (really knowing) this team is going to take years to correct this mess. They are far, far away from being a playoff team.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how this team, with this low level of talent, has spent so much on the salary cap (2014 is a total mess). How could this amount of $$ be spent on the product we saw on the field today.

I feel as if I actually saw the death of pride out their today.
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-03-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I've never seen the level of confusion, chaos and hopelessness I witnessed tonight. There were countess plays where they looked like Pee Wee players just learning the game, not sure where to be on the field. There are very few players on either side of the ball worth keeping around or who will any more than average.

The worst, saddest part of today was knowing (really knowing) this team is going to take years to correct this mess. They are far, far away from being a playoff team.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how this team, with thisow level of talent, has spent so much on the salary cap (2014 is a total mess). How could this amount of $$ be spent on the product we saw on the field today.

I feel as if I actually saw the death of pride out their today.
    Well said!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I can't argue with Tomlin, But Senile and Psycho must go first.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I can't argue with Tomlin, But Senile and Psycho must go first.
    I want all three gone.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.