Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Tomlin's Job Safe?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Tomlin's got a good track record. And the Rooney's don't make overreactions. But so much is in complete disarray. And Tomlin doesn't seem to have control of anything.

We've got guys all over the field half arsing it. ST is a wreck. The O is a wreck. Our punter is a wreck. Our decision making is a wreck. Our D has played good, but it has fundamental problems.

The players seem to have quit on him. I feel silly asking this question, but seeing how he's completely lost this team, you've gotta wonder where we go from here.

The offseason should be interesting.
    Funny, but I got universally flamed for asking the same thing 1 week ago. But I agree: as lost as this team is, they should at least consider the head coach spot. Did you see how he didn't bother to get upset until after Cinci kicked the game-winning FG? Way to go, Mikey. You could really make an impact with 4 seconds left.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Steelers haven't had a losing yet. This season isn't over and these guys can't play like it is.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Tomlin's job should be safe for at least one more year. He needs to make changes though. This team, with all the talent on the roster, never really looked prepared to play this year, and that is directly attributable to the head coach. I'm tired of hearing "the standard is the standard" and "we take responsibility for our play." The standard is not being applied to the replacements because except for maybe Legursky and Adams, no "next man" is prepared or performing any where near the guy he replaced. As far as responsibility goes, the way to take responsibility for your mistakes is to LEARN from them and not repeat it. Examples: Ben's play the last two weeks, poor tackling all season, numerous dropped passes, etc., all points to coaching.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Of course it is. Mr. Rooney is too busy overseas serving the anointed one to notice the team he owns sucks under Mike.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The season isn't over? Is the NFL going to disqualify one of the teams in front of them?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NOTagdci981 View Post
    The season isn't over? Is the NFL going to disqualify one of the teams in front of them?
    Well the Patriots have been known to cheat!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Well the Patriots have been known to cheat!!
    I see you're starting to get with the program!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Tomlin has done a poor job this season. That said, he's not in any trouble of being fired. He's young...hopefully he can regroup, learn the lessons he needs to learn, and make some adjustments. I expect him to do better next year.
    Completely agree. It's strange that to me in some ways it's seemed that he's regressed, but I'm also expecting him to learn and do better next year.

While we're out of the playoffs (obviously) there is still another game to play. I, for one, am interested in seeing what we look like and how much pride we have.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    Completely agree. It's strange that to me in some ways it's seemed that he's regressed, but I'm also expecting him to learn and do better next year.

While we're out of the playoffs (obviously) there is still another game to play. I, for one, am interested in seeing what we look like and how much pride we have.
    A real fan would be rooting for them to lose to improve draft position.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A real fan would be rooting for them to lose to improve draft position.
    I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not. If you're not: 1. You don't get to decide what a "real" fan is to begin with 2. I can't imagine someone that claims to be a fan of a team hoping for them to lose regardless of the circumstances. You play the game to win. Besides, the draft, as has been proven time and time again, is for the most part a crap shoot. Other than 1, 2, or 32 draft position doesn't necessarily equate to anything anyway.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>