Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I still would draft T'eo and Minter!!

Legend

User Info Menu

There was no person... and he never met this person... and he knew this person was shady a month ago when he told his coach about it.

Why would he even entertain a call or pick up the phone on game day?

His judgment is suspect if he was innocent in all of this. Everyone else who dealt with Lannai figured it out on a month that ot was weird bit this guy is entertaining ghost? Cmon Dub...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Hilarious!! I have never compared him to Patrick Willis or Ray Lewis. It was BigRob who said he wasn't in that class and I simply pointed out that the last two years Patrick Willis as been average.

You are amazing.
    Apologies if so... but you did say pro bowler.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    There was no person... and he never met this person... and he knew this person was shady a month ago when he told his coach about it.

Why would he even entertain a call or pick up the phone on game day?

His judgment is suspect if he was innocent in all of this. Everyone else who dealt with Lannai figured it out on a month that ot was weird bit this guy is entertaining ghost? Cmon Dub...
    Yes there was a person. The person who did the hoax. How embarrassing would that have been had he shown up at the hotel? Have you not heard this guy? He isnt all there. I am a pretty strong guy but I think at 22 years old I may have had a hard time focusing on a game when I knew that some dude may show up at my hotel telling everyone he was the voice behind the person I thought was a girl.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Apologies if so... but you did say pro bowler.
    Yep..and I stand behind that. At some point I believe he will be a pro bowler in the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes there was a person. The person who did the hoax. How embarrassing would that have been had he shown up at the hotel? Have you not heard this guy? He isnt all there. I am a pretty strong guy but I think at 22 years old I may have had a hard time focusing on a game when I knew that some dude may show up at my hotel telling everyone he was the voice behind the person I thought was a girl.
    Read that again... then read it one more time.

Why should I, as a fan or GM, have to take that into consideration when grading his play in the biggest game of his career? Get off the phone and get in game mode.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

NFL Teams want to know if Manti Te'o is gay...

I am not against gay/lesbians but its too much of a distraction regarding Te'o.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    NFL Teams want to know if Manti Te'o is gay...

I am not against gay/lesbians but its too much of a distraction regarding Te'o.
    Why would T'eo be gay? Just because the guy who duped him is gay that makes T'eo gay? You guys forget that T'eo thought he was talking to a women. A picture he saw of a women before he ever initiated any kind of conversation with anyone.

If it was a picture of a dude or a transsexual then you may be on to something. But it wasnt. It was an attractive women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dub... read that again out loud. When "the guy who tricked him into falling on love is the gay one, not him" its time to move on.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dub... read that again out loud. When "the guy who tricked him into falling on love is the gay one, not him" its time to move on.
    Why is it so hard for you to understand that T'eo thought he was talking to a women? Did you not ever see the picture of who he thought was Lennay Kekua? And then there was an actual woman who T'eo spoke to over the phone. Here educate yourself.

Swarbrick said that the relationship took place online and over the phone. Te'o had described staying on the phone with whom he thought was Kekua for hours each night over many months. Tuiasosopo's friend from church told ESPN that Tuiasosopo admitted to having his female cousin speak to Te'o over the phone.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8857057/friend-says-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-confessed-manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax

Legend

User Info Menu

Why is it so hard for you to understand that T'eo thought he was talking to a women? Did you not ever see the picture of who he thought was Lennay Kekua? And then there was an actual woman who T'eo spoke to over the phone. Here educate yourself.

Swarbrick said that the relationship took place online and over the phone. Te'o had described staying on the phone with whom he thought was Kekua for hours each night over many months. Tuiasosopo's friend from church told ESPN that Tuiasosopo admitted to having his female cousin speak to Te'o over the phone.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8857057/friend-says-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-confessed-manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax

I don't need an education on catfishing and GM's shouldn't either. I don't want a player in our locker room who needs to be defended or given the benefit of the doubt because a guy was in love with him and knew how to change his voice to a female. This guy was phone boning for hours with a dude... A DUDE.

Everyone else who fell for the Lennay hoax figured it out in a month... this guy ran on TV acting like she was his soul mate and he never met her. That's odd... creepy and a little sad.

However, you fail to see the bigger picture... why entertain this pick at 17, with this weird story, average combine times, no senior bow and Lacy tossing him aside like a rag doll when you can get the same thing in the 2nd or 3rd round without the circus?