Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Contract Extensions for both Troy Polamalu and Heath Miller through 2016

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I'm with you beats. Let's hope the numbers are not what we are thinking they'll be.
    If it is a combination of extending and cutting, to the appropriate degree, then I am cool with it. If it is merely extending to lower cap hit, but keep their salaries just as high, all things considered, then they are not doing the right thing. I love both these guys, but you don't mortgage your future just so no one has hurt feelings. New deals should lesson cap hit AND take their end $ to an appropriate #, period, end of story.

Legend

User Info Menu

Could he be moving to FS to allow Shark on the field & spend less time at the LOS?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Legend

User Info Menu

Troy has lost much fast twitch... he isn't the player he once was...but if we got him reasonable...Im ok with that.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Could he be moving to FS to allow Shark on the field & spend less time at the LOS?
    It makes you wonder but Troy has never been great in coverage. He was above average at one time but I have to believe playing centerfield isn't playing to his strengths.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    I think will be seeing Troy with Will Allen @ FS. Although I think Golden is the best suited to cover center field and I'm not really sure why no one seems that big on getting Golden some PT back there. He's really solid in coverage.

Legend

User Info Menu

haaahaaa, haaa. love these 'fans'. Glad the Steelers brass isn't run by you. There is a reason why the defense recovered from a poor start as quickly as they did. it was veteran leadership on this team. Everyone was waiting for the collapse that didn't happen. That's the difference between the Steelers and teams like the Browns, Tampa Bay, OAK. There are going to be a lot of new faces on defense over the next 3 yrs and it's up to these vets to mentor them up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    haaahaaa, haaa. love these 'fans'. Glad the Steelers brass isn't run by you. There is a reason why the defense recovered from a poor start as quickly as they did. it was veteran leadership on this team. Everyone was waiting for the collapse that didn't happen. That's the difference between the Steelers and teams like the Browns, Tampa Bay, OAK. There are going to be a lot of new faces on defense over the next 3 yrs and it's up to these vets to mentor them up.
    The defense recovered quickly from a poor start? What are you talking about? There wasn't a single vet on D who had a good year besides Timmons.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm with you for the most part Shawn. Gotta give Willy Gay his props though. He had a good year as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I'm with you for the most part Shawn. Gotta give Willy Gay his props though. He had a good year as well.
    Yeah Gay did have a good year.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

im not sure where to start with statements like this.....lol
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown