Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do we need to sign a QB?

Starter

User Info Menu

Brian Hoyer was cut by the Patriots just before the start of the season.

Pretty sure he can throw a pass for more than thirty yards, and he has a release that's been timed at less than 10 seconds.

Just kidding - tough game for you guys to lose - defense was outstanding.

The Ravens look very ordinary when they're playing away from their own stadium.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Premature I know, but as both Byron & Charlie are made of glass, here are some street FAs of interest...

- David Garrard
    - Sage Rosenfels
    - Troy Smith
    - Vince Young
    Bbbbbbbb that's a scary list. But we have to sign a QB. I'd probably take Garrard at this point. At least he's a "team guy" unlike VY.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I would take Sage.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Bbbbbbbb that's a scary list. But we have to sign a QB. I'd probably take Garrard at this point. At least he's a "team guy" unlike VY.
    Plus he has a history of replacing Byron. Is he healthy?

I've also considered VY for one reason. If Ben can't come back and for some reason we had to go to Houston for a playoff game, VY could earn his redemption in Texas. We look like the type of team that could carry Kordell Stewart again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Premature I know, but as both Byron & Charlie are made of glass, here are some street FAs of interest...

- David Garrard
    - Sage Rosenfels
    - Troy Smith
    - Vince Young
    Wouldn't it be funny if we sign Garrard and cut Lefty? Deja vu for the big man!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Plus he has a history of replacing Byron. Is he healthy?

I've also considered VY for one reason. If Ben can't come back and for some reason we had to go to Houston for a playoff game, VY could earn his redemption in Texas. We look like the type of team that could carry Kordell Stewart again.
    I would rather we get Kordell Stewart than Vince Young.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just hope we draft a QB next year between rounds 4-6.
    ...and no more Tee Martin's or Omar Jacobs or Dennis Dixon.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Dennis Dixon should be available as soon as the Ravens cut him again

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    [URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ryan-leaf-gets-sentence-terribly-low-self-esteem-065652937--nfl.html[/URL]
    Ryan Leaf gets his sentence; has terribly low self-esteem

A pair of noteworthy San Diego Chargers hit milestones in opposite directions this week. For LaDainian Tomlinson, things were about as good as they get. For Ryan Leaf, well, things are every bit as bad for him as they appear to be in the picture above.The sentence he got from a judge in Great Falls, Mont., on Tuesday does keep him out of jail, but at this point, even that might be a loss for Leaf. He'd been behind bars since April 2 and called that time a "sanctuary."
    He also offered these three statements to the court. First, speaking of his parents, who were not at the hearing:
    "They believe I've held them for ransom for 36 years, and I don't understand why I should have to do that any more."
    "I'm lazy, and dishonest and selfish. These were behaviors I had before my addiction kicked in."
    "Five to 10 years of Ryan-free drama for my family, this community — particularly for this nation — would be pure bliss for people."
    It might be pretty nice for Ryan, too. It's just that he's shown a remarkable inability to live that drama-free life he spoke of.
    Leaf's been fighting a painkiller addiction, one that's driven him to multiple acts of burglary over the past few years. Police found stolen prescriptions drugs in Leaf's possession back in March, when he was already on probation. Released on bail, Leaf then robbed a mobile home in search of more pills. He still has outstanding charges in Texas, too.
    Leaf was, in 1998, the second overall pick in the NFL draft, and considered by some to be a better quarterback prospect than the man who went first, Peyton Manning. Leaf never adjusted to being an NFL quarterback, though, mostly due to the laziness, selfishness and dishonesty he cited above. He is considered to be the biggest draft bust in NFL history.
    Unfortunately, he hasn't fared much better as a citizen. I hope for the best for the guy, but at this point, when he's on his 48th chance and he's begging for jail time, I don't know that there's much left to hope for.
    I know there won't be alot of sympathy for Ryan but I get it. Sounds like he has finally seen enough pain to open his ears. I'll be pulling for him.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Whoever mentioned Tebow...well I might be the only who would love to see him in the Burgh...but yeah I would like to see him in the Burgh. Tough, good character, winner, and a perfect guy to have as a back up.
    Trolls are people too.