Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What’s this? Panic in preseason?

Backup

User Info Menu

Regardless of the preseason, there are two things the Steelers need to do to have a shot at a successful season:

1.) Modernize philosophies

2.) Let Jarvis Jones, Markus Wheaton, and Shamarko Thomas play during the regular season and play often. This whole "the rookies gotta earn it!" mentality will doom the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post

2.) Let Jarvis Jones, Markus Wheaton, and Shamarko Thomas play during the regular season and play often. This whole "the rookies gotta earn it!" mentality will doom the Steelers.
    Jarvis should happen sooner than later because I don't see Worilds being a fit at ROLB. Worilds should be backing up Woodley and Robinson behind Jarvis.

Shark's gotta be our nickle corner over Gay. He's a little beast. I think if we started him at FS next to Troy, he'd be DROY.

Wheaton is gonna have the hardest time getting ahead of Cotchery, but from what I've seen of him so far, I think he has the potential to be our best WR of all time if he can stay healthy and dedicated. I'd put him ahead of Cotch, but I don't see the coaches doing it. If he gets legit playing time, he's my favorite for OROY. Everyone was on his case non stop at camp which tells me the team is focused on turning this kids talent into stardom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Jarvis should happen sooner than later because I don't see Worilds being a fit at ROLB. Worilds should be backing up Woodley and Robinson behind Jarvis.

Shark's gotta be our nickle corner over Gay. He's a little beast. I think if we started him at FS next to Troy, he'd be DROY.

Wheaton is gonna have the hardest time getting ahead of Cotchery, but from what I've seen of him so far, I think he has the potential to be our best WR of all time if he can stay healthy and dedicated. I'd put him ahead of Cotch, but I don't see the coaches doing it. If he gets legit playing time, he's my favorite for OROY. Everyone was on his case non stop at camp which tells me the team is focused on turning this kids talent into stardom.
    I haven't seen anything from Crotch to suggest Wheaton will have a hard time replacing him.... our WR's are pretty good at getting on the field early and making things happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I haven't seen anything from Crotch to suggest Wheaton will have a hard time replacing him.... our WR's are pretty good at getting on the field early and making things happen.
    Cotch is still the best guy on the team at finding a soft spot in a zone. He's a good route runner. He's got size. And he's got experience. With Heath out, I think Cotch is Ben's go to guy initially on 3rd downs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cotch is still the best guy on the team at finding a soft spot in a zone. He's a good route runner. He's got size. And he's got experience. With Heath out, I think Cotch is Ben's go to guy initially on 3rd downs.
    Nope, Ben likes Sanders so as long as he stays healthy he will be the go to guy.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Didn't know you had multiple accounts here Slapstick.

You can be a fan of a team and not be a blind homer.
    You have to forgive him...dude is obsessed with me...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You have to forgive him...dude is obsessed with me...
    Not as much as you're obsessed with crash it would seem.

Legend

User Info Menu

I dont see it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Not as much as you're obsessed with crash it would seem.
    Really?

You are bringing my name into threads when I'm not even participating...it's a little creepy...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Really?

You are bringing my name into threads when I'm not even participating...it's a little creepy...
    Much like you bring that crash guy's name into threads he doesn't even participate in. That's really creepy. I hope kids in your neighborhood don't go near you.