Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dee Dub's Pre-Combine Steeler Mock Draft!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dee Dub's Pre-Combine Steeler Mock Draft!!

Now this isn't what I think the Steelers do more so than what I would like to see them do. Or maybe a combination of both? I will do another one after the combine and after seeing what happens to the Steelers in free agency. One more so of what I think the Steelers will do. And one probably a lot more realistic.

1-Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame----What you think he can't do, or lacks, wont be an issue in LeBeau's 3-4 playing next to Timmons and what he does well will be hi-lighted
    2-Terrance Williams WR Baylor---6 ft 2 WR who exploded with out having RG3 throwing him the ball--Mike Wallace's replacement
    3-Landry Jones QB Oklahoma----He sits behind Ben for 3 years, the length of Ben's contract, then takes a over like Aaron Rodgers--hopefully
    4-Joe Kruger DT Utah-----------Solid 5 Technique 3-4 DT
    5-Joseph Fauria TE UCLA--------He played in a run oriented offense yet still had 11 TD's. 6 ft 7 255. Big target with good hands.
    6-Kerwynn Williams RB/KR Utah State-replacement for Rainey. Speedy running back/kick returner who also has lined up as the slot as well.
    7-Jeff Baca OG UCLA
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd like to see a TE earlier .... with so much focus on 2 TE sets I think a TE needs to be a top priority
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I'd like to see a TE earlier .... with so much focus on 2 TE sets I think a TE needs to be a top priority
    Agreed but I dont think there isnt that much separation from the guys ranked in the 3-5 rounds. I think Fauria will flourish in a more passing offense. UCLA was run, run, run, and then throw.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

With this team's "philosophy" it will be 3 years before Te'o does anything. No thank you.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Interesting, thanks for posting this
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

I really like the Landry Jones pick.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Now this isn't what I think the Steelers do more so than what I would like to see them do. Or maybe a combination of both? I will do another one after the combine and after seeing what happens to the Steelers in free agency. One more so of what I think the Steelers will do. And one probably a lot more realistic.

1-Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame----What you think he can't do, or lacks, wont be an issue in LeBeau's 3-4 playing next to Timmons and what he does well will be hi-lighted
    2-Terrance Williams WR Baylor---6 ft 2 WR who exploded with out having RG3 throwing him the ball--Mike Wallace's replacement
    3-Landry Jones QB Oklahoma----He sits behind Ben for 3 years, the length of Ben's contract, then takes a over like Aaron Rodgers--hopefully
    4-Joe Kruger DT Utah-----------Solid 5 Technique 3-4 DT
    5-Joseph Fauria TE UCLA--------He played in a run oriented offense yet still had 11 TD's. 6 ft 7 255. Big target with good hands.
    6-Kerwynn Williams RB/KR Utah State-replacement for Rainey. Speedy running back/kick returner who also has lined up as the slot as well.
    7-Jeff Baca OG UCLA
    Landry would be playing earlier than three years because Ben would get killed because we are not helping the OL and could lose our most consistent OL in Starks.

Everyone says we lose because of the offense and not the so-called #1 defense, but you have two of our first three picks helping out the defense.

Does nothing to address no depth at Safety.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

no S or OLB?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Landry would be playing earlier than three years because Ben would get killed because we are not helping the OL and could lose our most consistent OL in Starks.

Everyone says we lose because of the offense and not the so-called #1 defense, but you have two of our first three picks helping out the defense.

Does nothing to address no depth at Safety.
    Steeler QB's were sacked 37 times this past year. Way down from previous years. Protecting the QB can come also from the style of offense run as we saw this year. Similar to the one that Landry Jones played with at Oklahoma where over 4 years he was sacked only 54 times. Think about that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    no S or OLB?
    Every year Steeler fans think that the draft is going to fill every need on the team. Or that it should. That is not the case with the Steelers. They pick the best players available (highest rated on their board), who fill a need, fit their system, or who can be developed into Steeler type players.