Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: JD is a baller

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would rather have Dwyer as the starter than Redman. Redman is good, powerful and all that but I like the vision and quickness of Dywer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I would rather have Dwyer as the starter than Redman. Redman is good, powerful and all that but I like the vision and quickness of Dywer.
    Honestly, I don't think it matters who starts...

Legend

User Info Menu

If we are going to be using a lot of 11 personnel (3 WR sets) like we should, then I prefer someone in the backfield who will be able to protect Ben by blocking any free blitzers. I'm not convinced that Jon Dwyer is that guy.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Honestly, I don't think it matters who starts...
    I agree. It depends who is having success and you keep giving THAT GUY the ball!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

However, don't doubt there are some who don't want him to be successful because they just want to say they are right or they have invested their opinions and prognostications excessively in another player.
    Wait, wasn't that you regarding Redman last year? lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    Wait, wasn't that you regarding Redman last year? lol

I acknowledged last year that Redman was better than I thought he would be and is serviceable back up RB. What I continue to reject to this day is the notion that he is a #1 RB. Let's not forget that IF he gets the start on Sunday it is only because Mendenhall is hurt.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Redman is capable of being a starter in this league and for our team. I think he has a better shot at it than Dwyer at this point but, I just like the idea that Dwyer reminds me of having the kind of tools that can get us some big yardage runs. Having said all that I have this question. Is it better to have a battering ram type with Redman that is probably going to move the defense back more often than Dwyer or is it better to have Dwyer that can get the defense wiff every so often ?
    feltdizz probably is most correct with it doesn't matter at this point. And I'm guessing he means they both bring something to the table.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I think Redman is capable of being a starter in this league and for our team. I think he has a better shot at it than Dwyer at this point but, I just like the idea that Dwyer reminds me of having the kind of tools that can get us some big yardage runs. Having said all that I have this question. Is it better to have a battering ram type with Redman that is probably going to move the defense back more often than Dwyer or is it better to have Dwyer that can get the defense wiff every so often ?
    feltdizz probably is most correct with it doesn't matter at this point. And I'm guessing he means they both bring something to the table.
    yep... this isn't high school in the 80's where the started played all game, every game...

it's not like Redman starting means Dwyer won't see the field or vice versa.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I acknowledged last year that Redman was better than I thought he would be and is serviceable back up RB. What I continue to reject to this day is the notion that he is a #1 RB. Let's not forget that IF he gets the start on Sunday it is only because Mendenhall is hurt.
    SMH... you just did it again!

Mendenhall's injured? We had no idea... Ovie, it's obvious you don't want Redman to be successful because you just want to say you are right and you have invested your opinions and prognostications excessively in another player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    SMH... you just did it again!

Mendenhall's injured? We had no idea... Ovie, it's obvious you don't want Redman to be successful because you just want to say you are right and you have invested your opinions and prognostications excessively in another player.
    Actually I would be elated if he ran for 2000 yards and scored 25 TDs because it would mean we were winning a lot of games. I could really care less about being right if we win. I just think that at best Redman gets 800-900 yards and about 6 or 7 TDs.