Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwyer signs tender

Legend

User Info Menu

Dwyer signs tender

[url]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/3/11/4092528/steelers-rb-jonathan-dwyer-signs-his-rfa-tender[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    [URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/3/11/4092528/steelers-rb-jonathan-dwyer-signs-his-rfa-tender[/URL]
    I hear he asked for breather after signing the papers.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    Post of the week

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    Now that's funny.

Legend

User Info Menu

Whoo hooo...Super Bowl bound!
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers Tender Offers To Four RFAs
    Posted 32 minutes ago

aaThe Pittsburgh Steelers have tendered offers to four restricted free agents, including running back Jonathan Dwyer, nose tackle Steve McLendon, running back Isaac Redman and wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, the team announced today.

By tendering the offers to the four players, the Steelers reserve the right to retain the players by matching any offer sheets they would sign with another team. All four players could also remain with the Steelers by signing their tender offer for 2013 or by signing a long-term contract with the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

TUESDAY, 04 JUNE 2013
    WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

--- Jonathan Dwyer is heavy, real heavy, and his teammates cannot believe he is in such lousy shape. It’s early June, so he has a few months to get into shape, but if he reports to camp this way, his roster spot is in severe jeopardy. Unless there is an injury, he may not make it anyway because as I’ve written, the Steelers are not likely to carry two backup running backs at a $1.3 million salary each. And Isaac Redman is way ahead of Dwyer in the pecking order.

[URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/121491-ed-rookie-signings-mean-little-anymore[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

There's really no reason for the Steelers to hang onto Dwyer unless Redman gets hurt in training camp. I'd rather see that roster spot be used for a different position.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    There's really no reason for the Steelers to hang onto Dwyer unless Redman gets hurt in training camp. I'd rather see that roster spot be used for a different position.

Yeah, what's the chances of Redman being counted on and being injured for most of a season
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Dwyer being out of shape is actually good news. It means Bell will likely get more PT earlier. That is a very good thing.