Thread: Pittsburgh Steeler Practice report for 10/17/12

Backup

User Info Menu

Pittsburgh Steeler Practice report for 10/17/12

per pittsburghsteelers.com

Steelers Practice Update – 10/17 Posted by Teresa Varley on October 17, 2012 – 3:46 pm

Seven players didn’t practice on Wednesday, including LB Chris Carter (hamstring), T Marcus Gilbert (ankle), RB Rashard Mendenhall (achilles), S Troy Polamalu (calf), C Maurkice Pouncey (knee), RB Isaac Redman (ankle), and LB Lawrence Timmons (foot).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sooooooooo, we could get Wood and Deebo back only to not have Timmons?? For real???

Legend

User Info Menu

THe injury bug ravages creampuff teams. Right now, we're the epitome of CREAMPUFFS like I haven't seen in years. Some injuries just happen, but others happen because the players are too tentative and not necessarily playing aggressively. I do know one thing though, all these injuries this season is really annoying. I know that other teams are dealing with injury issues too, but I mean good grief CHarlie Brown, this is Nuckin' Futz!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    THe injury bug ravages creampuff teams. Right now, we're the epitome of CREAMPUFFS like I haven't seen in years. Some injuries just happen, but others happen because the players are too tentative and not necessarily playing aggressively. I do know one thing though, all these injuries this season is really annoying. I know that other teams are dealing with injury issues too, but I mean good grief CHarlie Brown, this is Nuckin' Futz!
    I sure all of the "Creampuffs" who are injured could probably pop your head and mine like a pimple. There are no soft players in the NFL. Many of these are medical decsions not player decisions deciding they don't want to practice. I don't know if our medical staff is being overly cautious or what. I expect Timmons will be ready for game time, maybe Pouncey and Redman too.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Not too sure what my relative size to the players has to do with the fact they are dropping like flies his season, but since you went there, I'll just remind you the next time you go on a rant about D!ck Lebeau that he'd clean your clock in his mid 70's. Peace out my passive aggressive brother.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I sure all of the "Creampuffs" who are injured could probably pop your head and mine like a pimple. There are no soft players in the NFL. Many of these are medical decsions not player decisions deciding they don't want to practice. I don't know if our medical staff is being overly cautious or what. I expect Timmons will be ready for game time, maybe Pouncey and Redman too.
    No soft players in the NFL?

How about CJ Spiller that had to be carted off the field because of sprain or bruised shoulder. How in the hell do you need to be carted off the field for that.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Not too sure what my relative size to the players has to do with the fact they are dropping like flies his season, but since you went there, I'll just remind you the next time you go on a rant about D!ck Lebeau that he'd clean your clock in his mid 70's. Peace out my passive aggressive brother.
    I don't recall ever questioning LeBeau's toughness...do you recall in which post I did that? What I consistently question is his adaptability and willingness to change. I'd have no issue sitting down with him and discussing that in a frank and open manner. It would actually be easy because I would not feel that I am in the presence of a God.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger rolls ankle in practice

By Alan Robinson
    Published: Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Steelers got a scare Thursday when quarterback Ben Roethlisberger accidentally stepped on a foot, causing him to miss part of their final full-scale practice for this weekend’s Bengals game.

“I stepped on someone’s foot and rolled my ankle a little,” said Roethlisberger, who was limping slightly in the locker room and had ice on his right ankle after practice. Byron Leftwich finished up with the starters.

Teammates were uncertain who Roethlisberger stepped on, with tackle Mike Adams saying it might have been an assistant coach.

The injury is not believed to be serious and should not affect Roethlisberger’s status as the Steelers (2-3) try to end their three-game road losing streak Sunday night. He broke the same foot two years ago.

Offensive coordinator Todd Haley talked to reporters after practice and deferred all injury questions to coach Mike Tomlin, who did not give interviews.

Roethlisberger is off to the best start of his career with a 64.6 percent completion rate, a 99.9 quarterback rating, 10 touchdown passes and two interceptions.

Center Maurkice Pouncey, who could barely walk Monday due to a sprained MCL, said he was on the field for a couple of plays and is optimistic about playing Sunday. He did not practice Monday or Wednesday.

Running backs Rashard Mendenhall (left Achilles) and Isaac Redman (right ankle) did not practice, lessening their chances of playing against the Bengals (3-3). Linebacker Lawrence Timmons (foot) returned to practice after being out Wednesday.

[URL]http://triblive.com/home/2800611-85/practice-roethlisberger-ankle-foot-stepped-quarterback-steelers-ben-bengals-coach#ixzz29fyanFgg[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha