Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just me or do other steeler fans Hate New England?

Legend

User Info Menu

I hate everyone and everything.

But I enjoy watching the Pats play. I like the fact that they always seem to try to do things a little differently. Even little things like putting their #1 corner on Hines and then doubling Plax with 2 other guys and pretty much shutting down our passing attack. To stockpiling draft picks which I wish desperately we'd do. To being the first 2 get 2 #1 TEs on the Offense, although, I just think they looked at what we were doing with Hines and Heath - the original great 2 TE set. To their current offense tempo which is pretty incredible. If they have a play that works, just hurry up and repeat.

The Pats are one of the few teams I see doing a lot of stuff that I'd like the Steelers to copy. And interestingly, I think Billy B learned a lot from playing Cowher and the Steelers during his putrid time in Cleveland. I think he's taken a lot from the Steelers and extended it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I hate everyone and everything.

But I enjoy watching the Pats play. I like the fact that they always seem to try to do things a little differently. Even little things like putting their #1 corner on Hines and then doubling Plax with 2 other guys and pretty much shutting down our passing attack. To stockpiling draft picks which I wish desperately we'd do. To being the first 2 get 2 #1 TEs on the Offense, although, I just think they looked at what we were doing with Hines and Heath - the original great 2 TE set. To their current offense tempo which is pretty incredible. If they have a play that works, just hurry up and repeat.

The Pats are one of the few teams I see doing a lot of stuff that I'd like the Steelers to copy. And interestingly, I think Billy B learned a lot from playing Cowher and the Steelers during his putrid time in Cleveland. I think he's taken a lot from the Steelers and extended it.
    I don't think Billicheet took anything from Cowher... Billicheet has a win at all cost attitude. That means cutting high paid star athletes, using TE's at RB, switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 depending on who they are playing, spending all their money on the O side of the ball and putting up 50 to protect the team from the D, so on and so forth...
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-02-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I root for them to get beat because of the cheating, and the whole hush-hush Ernie Adams aspect (what does the guy really do, anyway?). I think that without the cheating, Bellichik would be considered a notch below Marv Levy.

That said, I generally like the way their offense plays...they're fun to watch.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have the ultimate hate for the Patriots but the utmost respect. I was a fan of the Ravens when they played the Pats in the AFC Championship game last year. That's about the only time I will root for the Ravens.

I think Brady is the best QB in football by far and Belichick is the most arrogant coach. Even though I love Ben and Tomlin I would take those 2 over our 2 any day of the year ... and I hate saying that.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I love watching Billicheet coach up the D with his back to the field... it shows how much confidence he has in his offense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Most Steeler fans seem to hate the Pats, although I am not one of them. I respect and admire excellence, which is why I Don't hate the pats. Most especially hate Brady and Belichick; I actually admire them. Brady is the absolute definition of excellence. And, on top of being one of the greatest QBs to ever play in the NFL, he has one of the hottest chicks on the planet as his wife. How can one guy have EVERYTHING? I don't know, but he does. But why do Steeler fans hate them? Mostly from jealousy. While Brady is the rock star, intelligent, James Bond QB who only gets the hottest chicks and isn't prone to making huge gaffs, Bonehead Ben is the knucklehead frat guy, who plays like he is in a flag football game with a keg on the sidelines who just "throws the ball up there" who, at the party after, tries to hit on some homely chicks for sex acts in the public bathroom.

And not to be outdone, they have Belichick, who is as crafty as the slickest spy on the planet, and we have Tinkerbell Tomlin, who is as lost as a possum in the middle of the road, as a car approaches, on game day. While Bill is the ultimate in making shrewd and wise decisions, Tomlin gets lost on game day making one bad decision after another, ultimately costing us games which led to us not making the play offs.

The Pats are like the newest F-22 fighter jet technology, while Pgh is more like the redneck pontoon boat made out of a trailer home on inner tubes, firing bottle rockets off the back. That is why so many Steeler fans hate them. That, and Brady has kicked our teeth in enough times.

I not only do not hate them, but I literally laugh out loud watching and listening to Belichick make comments. It's hilarious. His deadpan delivery is priceless. I might even be rooting for them to win the AFC. They have sustained such excellence for so long, it's hard to not want them to go all the way. But make no mistake: I admire and am entertained by them, but they are NOT my team. The Steelers are, even with all of their "pontoon-boat-made-out-of-a-trailer home-on-inner-tubes" ways. Their coach is brilliant, ours is not. Their QB is James Bond cool, our is more like Billy Madison. But, it is what it is.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    I'm a Steeler fan first but my second team is New England...I'm from Boston......"hate" word is to harsh....I would want
    people to respect my teams players not hate them unless they did something to warrant that...
    When your team is caught in a cheating scandal to gain an advantage and then punished for it, then the word "hate" never seems too harsh.

Legend

User Info Menu

who is as lost as a possum in the middle of the road, as a car approaches, on game day.

I know I shouldn't feed 'em but this made me laugh

Backup

User Info Menu

A classless coach, an owner that embraces this guy along with all their cheating, (8 or 9 years of cheating ) the refs fear them, Goodell kisses their butts. Hate doesn't even describe it for me. It turns my stomach that they wear the colors of our flag on their uniforms.
    With all this being said, it's proof that Goodell isn't for honesty or integrity of the league. He's all about money and nothing more. He doesn't care that players are getting injured. He just doesn't want the league and owners have to cough up money in court or what have you.

The Patriots are the worse thing that has happen to the NFL and their wins are a lie, deception anything but real or earned.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here's the difference between the Steelers and Patriots:

There's a minute left in the game, the Steelers are leading their opponent by two TD's and have the ball, Ben takes a knee and runs out the clock.

Same senario with the Pats, but Brady calls a timeout and goes for another TD.

Fans may get irritated how the Pats do things and think they are disrespecting their opponents doing the above, but their coach looks at it differently. He wants to see his offense work under all conditions even if it means adding to the score when the games is already won, its up to the opposing team to stop it from happening.

These two teams had a terrific span of wins and SB's the past decade, but they are completely different.
    The Steelers will beat you up physically until you cave in, where the Pats beat you up in the end zone.

If you guys wern't a Steelers fan you would hate us too, because of the success we had, same with the Pats, people hate their success.
    For me I could care less about the Pats, I'm conserned about our Steelers and want #7 before Ben retires!