Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin wanted Vick in Pgh

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Not to turn this into a political rant, but, given our two choices then, and now, you have no decent choice either way. We are never given an option worth a gad damn sh-t when it comes down to it. I mean, McCain? Romney? Barry? All suck.
    OK LloydDroid, ur starting to grow on me!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This tread would make the "Worst of Planet Steelers" list, IMO, even as I don't read all the posts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post

This tread would make the "Worst of Planet Steelers" list, IMO, even as I don't read all the posts.
    I think there would be plenty of "when do we switch to the 4-3" or "Dick LeBeau sucks" posts that need to go their first.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I think there would be plenty of "when do we switch to the 4-3" or "Dick LeBeau sucks" posts that need to go their first.
    Those also, Sid. Respect here for your posts, BTW.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    OK LloydDroid, ur starting to grow on me!!
    Just as I am getting banned.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't think so at all. I think it's a fairly newsworthy note that Tomlin wanted Vick in Pgh. It illustrates some things about him that I might not have realized.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Go back and read my original post. It said nothing about MT being desirous to bring in a black QB - not one word. I was questioning why MT would want to bring in a dog killing felon, who obviously doesn't come any where close to fitting the Steeler philosophy. So, continue making up your straw man arguments, and then knocking them down. That is really impressive.
    The straw man argument is not mine...

You posted this:

MT having way too strong drive to be "pro black" at the expense of the team
    Your words.

If you did not mean to type those particular words in that particular order, I can understand that...but, please, do not call my argument a straw man after you post that...

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't think so at all. I think it's a fairly newsworthy note that Tomlin wanted Vick in Pgh. It illustrates some things about him that I might not have realized.
    And that, in turn, illustrates some things about you that I did not realize...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Oh please Dukie. I didn't see any slurs or inappropriate remarks here. For my part, I merely pointed out something I seems apparent to me (him preferring to hire black guys at QB). Now if he comes back and hires a bunch of white guys at QB, of course the point would be moot. This is a discussion board. Politically correctness is an enemy of discussion IMO. We're here to discuss... If a racially charged issue comes up at your dinner table, are you going to shut it down? Of course not. It's the same thing isn't it?

Legend

User Info Menu

I would welcome Vick

I'm sure none of you have ever made a mistake. No one here has stolen, lied, cheated on a spouse, done illegal drugs, committed a crime or anything of the like. We are saints sitting on our judgmental thrones pointing the finger at Vick...a guy who paid more than his time to society. We have a former linebacker who is idolized by the original poster...and said linebacker held a gun to the head of his own son. That is ok because he was a Steeler. People do stupid, sometimes evil things and hopefully they grow from them. I would have welcomed Vick with open arms.

and PS...before you throw out how bad of a crime it is to abuse dogs...check your own eating habits. Most here support a meat industry that makes Vicks animal cruelty look like a walk in the park.
    Trolls are people too.