Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ezekiel Ansah Youtube clip

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ezekiel Ansah Youtube clip

This guy is raw no doubt but I can think of a lot of other words that describe him as well. Disruptive. Quick. Tenacious. Strong. Resilient. Versatile. He played all over the D-front for BYU this past year. Take a look at this clip. Especially the following plays....

1:43 standing up off the edge. OLB/DE. Sack.

2:46 being double teamed by the LT and LG. Never gives up on the play and breaks through for the sack.

3:56 1st down and goal. Shoots through the gap, comes down the line and makes the tackle for loss.

4:00 2nd and goal (the very next play on the same goal-line drive), manages to get through the gap again (this time being held), and yet trips up the back for a tackle for loss.

8:15 standing up inside at DT, he then drops into coverage on a swing pass out to the flat and closes in on the RB and makes the tackle. Tremendous instincts and closing speed.

This guy has played football all of 3 years. This past year was the very first time he ever started. He is going to continue to improve. He has a chance to be a major force in the NFL. I would love to see him off the edge in a 3-4.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Starter

User Info Menu

Granted it was not Alabama's Oline but the guy is all over the place! Thanks for the clip.

Legend

User Info Menu

It looks like he'll be a good pro, but in how many years? And, do the Steelers have the time to wait? Or, do they need someone to step in immediately and contribute this year at whatever position they draft? I'd love him in the second round, probably won't be there, but I'd rather the Steelers draft someone they think will help in 2013, similar to what they thought when they drafted DeCastro.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe I am totally off on this guy....but I get a bad Zo Jackson vibe from him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Maybe I am totally off on this guy....but I get a bad Zo Jackson vibe from him.
    Not even close. Jackson was a 4-3 DE and not a very good one. Ansah can play all positions along the Defensive front. And the amazing thing about that is at 272 lbs he is giving up 30-50 lbs against these O-lineman he is going up against. That means this cat is extremely strong. Powerful hands. Combine that with his quickness and you are looking at a flat out freak. When you watch this clip look at how well he gets off these block of these bigger O-lineman.

And I go back to the idea of him coming off the edge as a 3-4 OLB where he isn't get doubled by a T/G or Center. Scary.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess I just see Zo at 6'4" 265lbs coming out, one year experience under his belt, and see similarities. Like I said, just the build and size and experience seem the same but I haven't seen this dude play other then your provided youtube clip.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Not even close. Jackson was a 4-3 DE and not a very good one. Ansah can play all positions along the Defensive front. And the amazing thing about that is at 272 lbs he is giving up 30-50 lbs against these O-lineman he is going up against. That means this cat is extremely strong. Powerful hands. Combine that with his quickness and you are looking at a flat out freak. When you watch this clip look at how well he gets off these block of these bigger O-lineman.

And I go back to the idea of him coming off the edge as a 3-4 OLB where he isn't get doubled by a T/G or Center. Scary.
    Zo Jackson comparisons way off. Athletically he is closer to Jean Pierre Paul than Jackson. He's going to do well in the agility drills at the combine and will likely run in the lo 4.6's in the forty.

Age at 24 years old and 3 years of football is a bigger concern to me. He might be 27 before he reaches his full potential.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Zo Jackson comparisons way off. Athletically he is closer to Jean Pierre Paul than Jackson. He's going to do well in the agility drills at the combine and will likely run in the lo 4.6's in the forty.

Age at 24 years old and 3 years of football is a bigger concern to me. He might be 27 before he reaches his full potential.
    I dont think it will take that long. I think he is a lot closer than that. His athleticism is off the charts. That alone could carry him very far. Look at how well he improved from last year to this year. Major acceleration. He just needs to learn a little more and he is going to be a beast.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post

By the way, where do you see him as 24 years old? I have read that his birthday is Jan. 1991. That would make him 22.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For all the coaching that Ansah still needs, one thing that cannot be coached/taught is speed. This guy ran a 10.91 100 meters. When he does reach his peak potential everyone is going be saying "There were 16 guys drafted ahead of him?....are you kidding me?!"