Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ramon Foster Signs His Tender

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    the right side was hardly the problem last year.

gilbert and foster worked very well together.

some people just have their bias.
    I agree with Mr. Spaghetti. Foster and Gilbert had several very good games (especially run blocking).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    If Lekursky is going to play I would rather he play center, where he can call blocking assignments, and have Pouncey and his quick feet at guard.
    I'm all for this and have been wishing we'd go this way. I think we'd be solid with the 5 guys we've got if we put Bronko @ C. But no one seems to want to move Pouncey over to G for some reason.

I think we'd be solid with Gilbert, Pouncey, Legs, Foster, and Colon. And the first lineman I'd draft would be someone who could play RT or LT.

Administrator

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=phillyesq;504081]Per multiple reports on twitter.

Apparently, he found no takers in RFA.[/QUOTE]

Imagine that Only the Steelers think their guards are worth more than a steamy pile of dog....
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Neither Foster or the gursky should be starting on this OL barring injury.

As for Zeitler, IMO he would start day 1.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I find it sad that we are having to fight between Legurgitation and Foster. Both are fine BACKUPS! Nothing more. Great finds by the Steelers scouts as BACKUPS!
    Can we please find someone to start ahead of them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    I find it sad that we are having to fight between Legurgitation and Foster. Both are fine BACKUPS! Nothing more. Great finds by the Steelers scouts as BACKUPS!
    Can we please find someone to start ahead of them.
    Exactly. Kinda like deciding which one of the 250#ers is the hottest at closing time

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    legursky stinks.

I don't get the manlove around here for him.
    I agree, but I don't want to be so harsh on the guy. He's a total overachiever, and I think that's why people overrate him here so much. I do believe you want guys like that on your team... as backups. He is not even a "good" starter, and I personally doubt he can ever be. He is "serviceable" for stretches at a time, especially in our scheme.

As Foster goes, one could argue that he is the most consistent lineman we have. THE most consistent. That being said, he'll probably always be one of those guys who you are looking to replace.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

guard may be easier to upgrade, but tackle is the more important position and our tackles are far from sure things. Gilbert struggled mightily against MArio Williams and Robert Mathis. I believe he may have a long season at LT facing elite talent every week. I like Gilbert and believe he can develop, but (at best) he is only a decent athlete and technician for the position. Colon hasn't been able to stay healthy and J Scott had an awful start to last season at LT. It will be hard to find a decent tackle after pick 50 or so. If we want a tackle that can help this season or next, we will likely need to draft him early.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Moving pounced to guard would have been like leaving Dawson at guard.. Or moving him back. There's a reason you have a guy like pounced at center.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pouncey! Damn iPad and its autocorrect!