Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steelers in talks with Mendy for new contract...bwaaaaahahahahahah

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I don't see a problem with them signing RM. He's not the problem here. The FO and coaches see him every day and I have a fair amount of confidence in them despite a rough year.
    I agree. I still have a ton of confidence that the powers that be didn't just up and forget all their football knowledge. Tough season, but the confidence is still there.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I agree. I still have a ton of confidence that the powers that be didn't just up and forget all their football knowledge. Tough season, but the confidence is still there.
    Confidence, but most teams tend to give 1st rounders a lot of rope

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I don't mind the signing if it's true, Dwyer to me is not the dedicated one and Red is not the answer.
    Exactly as I would had described it. Mendy is still the best RB we have talent wise. Needs to get his head on straight. Maybe the talk of a new contract is a confidence builder.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

I was under the impression that the Steelers don't negotiate during the season...so I wonder what this is really all about...

I wouldn't be opposed to signing a short contract on the cheap....Its good to have depth at RB.

Otherwise let him walk...

Legend

User Info Menu

There's no talk of actual contract negotiations taking place- just a committment to have contract negotiations.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have zero issue with Mendenhall being resigned. He's not going to be expensive, has the physical intangibles and if he's used properly could be a really good HB for the Steelers for another 3 to 4 years depending on the deal. Get a full back out in front and let the guy build up some rhythm and he's the tailback we need. I'm of the opinion that it's possible he was brought back too soon or expected to carry the load too soon. He came back and ran REALLY well, then had a stinker followed by putting the ball on the ground. Tomlin threw him immediately in the dog house which is fine but I feel like he's been in extended stay when it should have been a night at holiday inn express. I'd much rather sign him than go to the draft. Mendenhall, Dwyer and Redman looks a-okay to me. Plus Rainey for the speed infusion but I'd prefer to see him start lining up as a receiver more or get motioned out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think if someone ever blocked for Mendy, he could be great.
    Will Johnson has been a bright spot. Mendenhall just needs to be able to get in to a rhythm and be the tailback we've seen on several occasions in the past. Once this line is healthy and playing as a unit, Mendenhall has all the tools to be the tailback of the present and the future. He's also proficient out of the backfield in the pass game and needs to be used more in that capacity. He's a good tailback that has had his fair share of ups and downs both on the field and off. Sign the guy to a respectable deal and I'm all aboard that wagon. The guy has never had a line that was playing at a high level, nor has he had a fb really getting it done out front. If not for all the crazy ass injuries and the fumble problem in his limited time he may be asking for a whole lot more financially as I'd think he'd be putting up very good numbers.