View Poll Results: How will the season turn out for the Steelers?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Losing Record

0 0%
  • No Playoffs

2 13.33%
  • Playoffs

8 53.33%
  • Win #7!!

5 33.33%

Thread: Poll: Will the Steelers make the Playoffs?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Poll: Will the Steelers make the Playoffs?

OK, all summer we have heard from the Chicken Littles , the Legitimately Concerned , and the Forever Unshakably Optimistic crowds. Now that its crunch time, make your prediction as to whether we make the playoffs and how far do we go. Ill align with fellow FUO member, Flippy, and predict this is the year for #7!!!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

We make the play-offs.

Starter

User Info Menu

They will go 10-6.

these are the teams i think will be competitive in the AFC this year-The Cheats, Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Broncos and Chiefs.

Right off the break, i will take the Cheats, Bengals, Texans and Broncos to win there divisions. That leaves the Ravens, Steelers, Colts and Chiefs vying for one of 2 wild card spots.
    I see both the Colts and Chiefs finishing with the same record as us. So for us to have a shot, we have to beat the ravens twice and get some luck that comes outside of our control.
    I think this happens and we squeak in as the 6 seed.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just don't see a playoff scenario that favors the Steelers this year, unless, of course, players who have been mediocre at best the past couple seasons become very good and the pre-season really is meaningless regardless of how ineffective the starting offense was.

9-7 at best, 7-9 at worst, just another ho-hum season, IMO

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

19-0 baby!!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

11-5 Healthy Ben, better line, better running game, second year in Haley's sytem & our defense still top five in league

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    OK, all summer we have heard from the Chicken Littles , the Legitimately Concerned , and the Forever Unshakably Optimistic crowds. Now that its crunch time, make your prediction as to whether we make the playoffs and how far do we go. Ill align with fellow FUO member, Flippy, and predict this is the year for #7!!!
    Looks like Danny Marino agrees with us. He says that Pittsburgh will be the team to emerge from the AFC with a healthy Ben. He clearly gets what's up

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The heart and soul of the game is based squarely on the shoulders of the linemen. Offensively, I think they can benefit from the quick passes and reliance on the run game (where they are attacking, not on their heels). Defensively, I think the change in philosophy from occupying blockers to attacking better suits their current personnel. Although both lines are not top notch, we have a great QB who can overcome some of those deficiencies. On defense, Troy and LT can do the same thing. I think we make the playoffs, whether its seed 1 or 6.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    The heart and soul of the game is based squarely on the shoulders of the linemen. Offensively, I think they can benefit from the quick passes and reliance on the run game (where they are attacking, not on their heels). Defensively, I think the change in philosophy from occupying blockers to attacking better suits their current personnel. Although both lines are not top notch, we have a great QB who can overcome some of those deficiencies. On defense, Troy and LT can do the same thing. I think we make the playoffs, whether its seed 1 or 6.
    I'd love if we were built in the trenches like SF, Houston, etc. But we've got the 2 best players on both sides of the ball in Ben and Troy that will have to compensate for everything else. I trust they can do it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'd love if we were built in the trenches like SF, Houston, etc. But we've got the 2 best players on both sides of the ball in Ben and Troy that will have to compensate for everything else. I trust they can do it.
    Some red zone efficiency by Haley and co. would help greatly!!