Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiring Randy Fichtner The ‘Easiest Phone Call I’ve Ever Made,’ Says Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    What happened to those 'better' players with the right coach the year following the super bowl win?
    The same thing that happened when they won a SB under a different coach.

It's almost like the players matter more than the coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I have all rounds so far scored 10-7 in your favor.

if this was a Little League baseball game they would invoke the mercy rule and put "squidkid" I mean "whatever" out of his misery.

but since it isn't, keep on going for the inevitable KO. it's enjoyable watching him get destroyed in yet another debate where he uses his feeble logic that makes no sense to anyone but himself.
    If this debate was a video game....let's just say "whatever" is feeling a little "blue" right about now:

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-04-2020 at 01:07 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    You forgot option 3: keep repeating the same things and pretending they're true.
    yup, establish a false premise and just repeat it over and over and expect us to believe it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I lost track of this thread 8 pages ago.

But if I'm understanding the general gist.......

Tomlin is the cause of Covid-19, and he likely spread it to Cowher's players. All with the tacit approval of the Rooney's.......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I lost track of this thread 8 pages ago.

But if I'm understanding the general gist.......

Tomlin is the cause of Covid-19, and he likely spread it to Cowher's players. All with the tacit approval of the Rooney's.......
    The man had the nerve to go to 2 SB’s and hasn’t been back since. The stones on that guy?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Nice. So rather than spin, you are just doubling up on your contradiction.

I'll admit, I did not see that coming.

You said he does hire his friends for lesser positions. Who "specifically" are the friends of Tomlin that he picked to be on his current staff.

Please give us the specific names of these "friends" and their current roles on his staff.

I'll wait.
    Well, you're gonna have to wait pretty long, since you have me confused with someone else. The straw man is strong with this one. "These are not the droids you are looking for."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Well, you're gonna have to wait pretty long, since you have me confused with someone else. The straw man is strong with this one. "These are not the droids you are looking for."
    Haaa yes, I thought you was "whatever" my reply was based on our ongoing debate.
    Not a strawman argument, as it was not for you, it is that your answer contradicts what "he" said....considering you are not him...it looks like a strawman dodge.
    Even the "hater" comment...not meant for you.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-05-2020 at 02:33 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    No, he does not. Nor does he "make them retire" or whatever they said about Arians. And I don't bring it up to rip on MT; I just do so to expose fake news. Every time they dump an OC or DC, they make it murky as far as who made the call. It's silly.
    In reply to you, I got no disagreement about the murky firings. I dont think either "resigned" of their own will.

I think Tomlins biggest flaw is he is loyal to a flaw. Rooneys are similar. I think they try to talk you into retiring rather than just canning people. Especially those who have had success with the team. Heck I think thats what happened to Troy as a player.

That said, you think Tomlin didnt choose Fichner?
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-05-2020 at 02:28 AM.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

If this debate was a video game....let's just say "whatever" is feeling a little "blue" right about now:
    "squidkid" I mean "whatever" on the ropes...

Legend

User Info Menu

Haaa yes, I thought you was "whatever" my reply was based on our ongoing debate.
    Not a strawman argument, as it was not for you, it is that your answer contradicts what "he" said....considering you are not him...it looks like a strawman dodge.
    Even the "hater" comment...not meant for you.
    Explanation accepted.