Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Martavis Bryant could start for Steelers as a rookie

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    I get really annoyed by that whole need for a tall wide receiver thing too. Bryant is more like Fred Gibson than he is AJ Green or Megatron.
    Considering we passed on the better receiver in Abberderis I would agree. Too bad he blew an ACL...the kid was going to be a good one.
    Last edited by Shawn; 08-11-2014 at 06:05 PM.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    I get really annoyed by that whole need for a tall wide receiver thing too. Bryant is more like Fred Gibson than he is AJ Green or Megatron.
    That's why he, like Gibson, were drafted in the later rounds rather than the first round like AJ and Megatron. If he were more like the later, he would not have been a fourth round pick. Better tahan picking a punter.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    That's why he, like Gibson, were drafted in the later rounds rather than the first round like AJ and Megatron. If he were more like the later, he would not have been a fourth round pick. Better tahan picking a punter.
    Smh... exactly. We picked him up in the 4th and people are whining like he was our first round pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Considering we passed on the better receiver in Abberderis I would agree. Too bad he blew an ACL...the kid was going to be a good one.
    LOL... you are mad we passed on a WR who wasn't even guaranteed to make his team and is probably lost for the whole season with an ACL?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Smh... exactly. We picked him up in the 4th and people are whining like he was our first round pick.
    I don't mind him being the number 5 or 6 receiver. I don't expect him to come in and be a pro bowler. He has the tools, now let him learn how to use them.

Legend

User Info Menu

LOL... you are mad we passed on a WR who wasn't even guaranteed to make his team and is probably lost for the whole season with an ACL?
    He would have made this team, and he is MUCH better than Bryant. Mad...no...just an observation. But, not sure why a person cant give a fair evaluation of a player without getting your panties in a twist. As for the ACL freak accident...happens.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who is whining? Really? To say he isn't going to be starter material this season...as stated in the title is now whining in your book. Dude you need to relax.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    He would have made this team, and he is MUCH better than Bryant. Mad...no...just an observation. But, not sure why a person cant give a fair evaluation of a player without getting your panties in a twist. As for the ACL freak accident...happens.
    He was a good WR, but whether he is "MUCH better" than Bryant is highly debateable. NFL seems to agree given where he was drafted. Like Bryant he was taken in the "work in progress" and "take a chance" range of the draft
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He was a good WR, but whether he is "MUCH better" than Bryant is highly debateable. NFL seems to agree given where he was drafted. Like Bryant he was taken in the "work in progress" and "take a chance" range of the draft
    Obviously it's merely my opinion after seeing both play...and film on both. Abberderis was a complete WR...Bryant is a fast basketball player. Abberderis with near perfect hands and route running. Bryant...is fast and tall. Doesn't mean that Bryant doesn't have a huge ceiling but he isn't close to ready. Jarvis Landry MUCH better than Bryant. I just don't like the whole we need to draft a tall WR mentality. If we needed a WR, I think you go with the most complete product.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

I would much rather see little Dri Archer line up as a WR than I would Bryant right now. Height for a WR is a highly overrated attribute.