Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What a loss could accomplish.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What a loss could accomplish.

Don't get me wrong, I will be rooting for the Steelers in this game. I can't help it. Now, that being said, I won't get upset or scream no matter what happens, because I realize the bigger picture here. But here is what a loss would accomplish.

1. Higher draft pick. Don't think a few picks here or there matters? Take a look at the draft and pay attention to what the 10 or 11 pick compares to the late teen picks.

[url]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2012/draft.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/draft.htm[/url]

It could be the difference between landing a JJ Watt instead of a Adrian Clayborn.

[url]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/draft.htm[/url]

It can make a huge difference. This game is meaningless. So the higher pick could be the difference between us getting a probowler vs. just a guy.

2. A loss will shake this team to the core. I want them woke up. I want Tomlin to feel heat to get his act together. I now hate seeing him on the sidelines winding up his head set or whatever. The cool act is old and stale. The team sucks in the focus and discipline dept. and that is his job. If he loses this game, he is going to feel the heat from all directions, like when he is out to dinner or grocery store. He is going to get some fire from the Rooneys and he needs it. He clownish, fumbling, bumbling ways need to change. He needs a wake up call.

3. A loss might just make Ben take this more seriously. He is still just a big kid. He is careless. He single-handily lost us key games that kept us out of the play offs - Cinci game, Dallas game, both games were lost because that moron was playing all foot loose and fancy free, throwing pics that lost the game.

"Hey I'm big Toms' son, I screw things up, but it's ok...".

Nothing impacts him. No worries. No accountability. And I, and most of the team, is just sick of it.

4. The loss will reinforce that they need to find a way to get the rushing game going. They have been FAIL. They suck at rushing the ball. It's time to take it seriously.

5. A loss will make them purge the team more and they need it. It is obvious that they have some poor characters players on this roster, and, even though I believe they will already be cleaning house, a loss to the Browns will make them clean deeper. And they need to.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I will be rooting for the Steelers in this game. I can't help it. Now, that being said, I won't get upset or scream no matter what happens, because I realize the bigger picture here. But here is what a loss would accomplish.

1. Higher draft pick. Don't think a few picks here or there matters? Take a look at the draft and pay attention to what the 10 or 11 pick compares to the late teen picks.

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2012/draft.htm[/URL]

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/draft.htm[/URL]

It could be the difference between landing a JJ Watt instead of a Adrian Clayborn.

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/draft.htm[/URL]

It can make a huge difference. This game is meaningless. So the higher pick could be the difference between us getting a probowler vs. just a guy.
    Would you really want a Gilmore, Poe, or Fletcher Cox over David Decastro in 2012? How about Rolando Mclain over Pouncey in 2010. I wouldn't.

How about one pick after Adrian Clayborn, it was Phil Taylor. We sure could use a dominating tackle like Phil Taylor right now.

Your point was pretty pointless.
    Last edited by BigRob; 12-28-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

2. A loss will shake this team to the core. I want them woke up. I want Tomlin to feel heat to get his act together. I now hate seeing him on the sidelines winding up his head set or whatever. The cool act is old and stale. The team sucks in the focus and discipline dept. and that is his job. If he loses this game, he is going to feel the heat from all directions, like when he is out to dinner or grocery store. He is going to get some fire from the Rooneys and he needs it. He clownish, fumbling, bumbling ways need to change. He needs a wake up call.
    You don't think missing the playoffs is enough of a wake-up call? Did you not see Polamalu's comments? This point sucks too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

3. A loss might just make Ben take this more seriously. He is still just a big kid. He is careless. He single-handily lost us key games that kept us out of the play offs - Cinci game, Dallas game, both games were lost because that moron was playing all foot loose and fancy free, throwing pics that lost the game.

Nothing impacts him. No worries. No accountability. And I, and most of the team, is just sick of it.

4. The loss will reinforce that they need to find a way to get the rushing game going. They have been FAIL. They suck at rushing the ball. It's time to take it seriously.

5. A loss will make them purge the team more and they need it. It is obvious that they have some poor characters players on this roster, and, even though I believe they will already be cleaning house, a loss to the Browns will make them clean deeper. And they need to.
    Ben already is pretty damn competitive. Again, you don't think missing the Playoffs pisses Ben off? He wants to win more Super Bowls than Bradshaw. That is his standard of excellence.

The Rooney's have already stated the running game needs work. I think they will try to fix this again regardless of the Browns game.

A loss to the Browns is not going to affect how they handle this roster. They are too clear headed to let one game make that difference. Missing the playoffs already accomplished this.

Great post though.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Would you really want a Gilmore, Poe, or Fletcher Cox over David Decastro in 2012? How about Rolando Mclain over Pouncey in 2010. I wouldn't.

How about one pick after Adrian Clayborn, it was Phil Taylor. We sure could use a dominating tackle like Phil Taylor right now.

Your point was pretty pointless.
    Anyone can cherry pick, and you only addressed one point while I made several, so, lame, pointless response that is meaningless. Way to go.

Legend

User Info Menu

By my count, BigRob addresses all 5 of your points, not just one.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

let me help you out with this one:

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Ben already is pretty damn competitive. Again, you don't think missing the Playoffs pisses Ben off? He wants to win more Super Bowls than Bradshaw. That is his standard of excellence.
    Wow. You really don't get it. Talk is cheap. Daunte Culpepper said he wanted to be the best QB to ever play the game, then he quickly got lazy, got fat and got kicked out of the league due to pure laziness. But hey, he _said_ he wanted to be the best ever, so that's all we need to know; he _said_ he wanted to be the best ever. Ben is no different. Big deal, he wants to win 5 rings, and then he goes out and throws game-losing pics, playing with carelessness. But hey, he _said_ he wanted to win 5 rings, so we should ignore that he plays so loosey goosey. Let's not go by what we actually see, in terms of reality; instead, let's go by what Ben says and take that to the bank. MMmm K? That sounds like a super plan. Way to go. Let's base things on what people say. Did Daunte Culpepper become the best QB to ever play the game yet?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Anyone can cherry pick, and you only addressed one point while I made several, so, lame, pointless response that is meaningless. Way to go.
    Damn, I swear you are two people with one account. Or you have multiple personalities.

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2012/draft.htm[/URL]

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/draft.htm[/URL]

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/draft.htm[/URL]

'

all great points.