Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger: "We're the worst team in the league"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Damn I agree with the postings in this threa so much.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Acknowledging and evaluating problem(s) is an important step toward change. I am glad Ben spoke as he did.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Acknowledging and evaluating problem(s) is an important step toward change. I am glad Ben spoke as he did.
    When its a personal problem, I agree. When you're the supposed leader of men, it doesn't do much for your standing imo.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We need something big to light a fire in this team. Something like when Lambert poleaxed Harris. Or Van Halen with the green M&Ms. We need Polamalu to trash the locker room one night, or Roethlisberger to choke out Haley. Or at least dump trash on his lawn. Something.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    We need something big to light a fire in this team. Something like when Lambert poleaxed Harris. Or Van Halen with the green M&Ms. We need Polamalu to trash the locker room one night, or Roethlisberger to choke out Haley. Or at least dump trash on his lawn. Something.
    In a way... I agree. To me, it seems that this team looked bored or simply not into the game. Almost like they showed up to the stadium against their will and didn't want to be there. That includes Ben.. that includes Tomlin.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Bring back Skippy to trash the locker room. He might overtake Adams on the depth chart at LT.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    In addition.... Ben is a turnover machine and he needs to shut up and just perform. I'm tired of him taking unnecessary sacks and especially the turnovers. I remember the days in which he was a comeback king, aka a 4th quarter QB. Those days are over. I said to myself on that last drive.... Ben will turnover the ball with a INT or fumble. Sure enough....a fumble. As bad as this team is.... Ben certainly isn't helping being a turnover machine.
    Today Ben was our best asset.

Pick was on Sanders, what a stupid move on Sanders part.

Fumble.... we let 3 guys hit our QB. If you don't think that Balls coming out is nuts. Now I would normally question his ball security on the play. IF the sack wouldn't have ended the game anyways.

Other games, yeah. But Ben controlled the turnovers today.

What needs to step the **** up is the defense, it was straight up embarassing seeing them whiffing on tackles. Playing so soft. It was sick.

I'm not proud of what this team did today. But Ben is far from the first name on my list of players that just didn't show up. (Aka Everyone on the Defense not named Ike Taylor....)

God, Ike tried to play his heart out, poor bastard just can not catch.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ben, broken, defeated, beaten.

Just like Rooney wanted when he fired BA.

Haley will be rewarded for his job well done when he's the next head coach of this football team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Ben obviously hasn't watched the Jacksonville Jaguars play this year but yeah he's pretty close to accurate on this one.
    Jacksonville doesn't have a real franchise QB, we do, which makes it even worse.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Today Ben was our best asset.

Pick was on Sanders, what a stupid move on Sanders part.

Fumble.... we let 3 guys hit our QB. If you don't think that Balls coming out is nuts. Now I would normally question his ball security on the play. IF the sack wouldn't have ended the game anyways.

Other games, yeah. But Ben controlled the turnovers today.

What needs to step the **** up is the defense, it was straight up embarassing seeing them whiffing on tackles. Playing so soft. It was sick.

I'm not proud of what this team did today. But Ben is far from the first name on my list of players that just didn't show up. (Aka Everyone on the Defense not named Ike Taylor....)

God, Ike tried to play his heart out, poor bastard just can not catch.
    sanders was WIDE OPEN for 3 seconds before Ben chose to throw it. He was greedy and bypassed the easy connection looking further downfield. When nothing more was there he threw it, but by then the defender was there.
    @_Hellgrammite