Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Absurd is it? Kafka to work out for Steelers tomorrow

Legend

User Info Menu

Did anyone mention that we are SCREWED?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If they have intentions of bringing back Johnson, working out Kafka & Hoyer wouldn't change that. They know what they have in Johnson. Working out two more just adds more nuts to the bowl. They may feel Kafka or Hoyer are better at the end of the day & sign one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If this is the route we are going they should also work out Stephen McGee, the former Cowboys back-up. I think he is better than both Kafka & Hoyer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Did anyone mention that we are SCREWED?
    No, so go ahead and mention it if you have to

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Hope the D can pitch a shutout every game. Like normal the season rests on the defenses shoulders.
    You just can't do that in this league and expect to actually contend. Sure, you can maybe even put up a winning record, if you are lucky, but as we saw in SF last night, a good D without any decent O isn't enough when you play decent teams; it just doesn't work.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    If this is the route we are going they should also work out Stephen McGee, the former Cowboys back-up. I think he is better than both Kafka & Hoyer.
    This is like picking which pile of dog crap we want. "Ohhhh, no this pile of crap over here is better than that pile of crap." Like they said in the movie, "Meatballs" - it just doesn't matter.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9mf3Bypyk8[/url]

By the way, I watched some of that move last weekend, and was a little shocked at how powerfully unfunny it was. I recall back in the day, that some people thought this movie was a real hoot. It isn't. It's actually just horrible.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You just can't do that in this league and expect to actually contend. Sure, you can maybe even put up a winning record, if you are lucky, but as we saw in SF last night, a good D without any decent O isn't enough when you play decent teams; it just doesn't work.
    Pretty sure we saw that Sunday night at Heinz Field. The D pretty much pitched a shutout and we still lost. Two turnovers that were right there for FG's and a special team TD. Piss poor. Think about it...we would of probably been better off running the wildcat with direct snaps to RB's after that first TD.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

One thing is for sure: He won't be calling any audibles.

If he wants to change a play he will have to fill out a request form and file it in triplicate with Tomlin, Rooney and Steely McBeam. If they all agree the play will be changed but only after notifying NORAD via an encrypted telegram. If Tomlin and Rooney agree, but McBeam objects, the request will be escalated for approval by the Dalai Lama and Hugo Chavez.

EDIT: I forgot to add that if the Dalai Lama and Hugo Chavez can't agree, they will decide via pistols at dawn on the dark side of the moon.
    Last edited by snarky; 11-20-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snarky View Post
    One thing is for sure: He won't be calling any audibles.

If he wants to change a play he will have to fill out a request form and file it in triplicate with Tomlin, Rooney and Steely McBeam. If they all agree the play will be changed but only after notifying NORAD via an encrypted telegram. If Tomlin and Rooney agree, but McBeam objects, the request will be escalated for approval by the Dalai Lama and Hugo Chavez.
    LMAO. Did I miss something? Did they change the play at the goal line that went over like a wet turd?

Backup

User Info Menu

Hoyer will be a good stop gap once Batch is injured and will allow us to win on Sunday, then little Ben will be popped out by our next Ravens game and Big Ben will be back on the field. The defense looks good, the running game looks good and we make a Super Bowl run.